• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

We have been been married for almost 2 years now. We were in love back then and now it seemed that we have grown apart and that is because of work we don't see each other much. If my husband is around we argue a lot. He is a jealous and insecure guy and I can't deal with that anymore. My husband is in away for work now (I know overseas but don't know where exactly) and I have no way I can contact him. How do I know where he is now? What agency to call? While I was getting information online I found this article on military divorce with this statement, "In fact a serving member on duty overseas is not required to accept divorce papers and can continue to refuse for up to sixty days upon returning to the United States." Is this true? So if I file a divorce and send him the papers, it wouldn't reach him until his back in the US? Need advice from people who are familiar with my situation. Thanks.
Last edited:


Senior Member
You need to call JAG and ask this. You have not given enough information for anyone to answer your question.

If he is in a war zone, then the divorce waits.


Junior Member
I have talked to a lawyer friend and I'm not gonna continue with the divorce. I have given it a thought and we will undergo counseling first. This counseling might be able to help us settle things between us. I am giving our relationship a second chance.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential