• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need an answer please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

5yearsnow

What is the name of your state? MA
I have looked in many law sites and cannot find out the answer to this:
Does anyone know at what age a child can tell a judge he does not want visitation with the non custodial parent? This would be in MA law.
My son is 12, his father was abusive and we left him. The court ordered supervised visitation and if I did not FORCE my son to go then I would go to jail. He has been going but I just now got it stopped because his MD wrote a letter to the visitation site rep. stating he is suffering from stress and anxiety. I cannot get my lawyer to call me back (which is a whole 'nother battle). For now he is safe... he does not have to go for a while... but I know I am going to be hauled back into court very soon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">