• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help as a buisness in car stereo installation about external noise complaints.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Once again, if someone can even hear anything at all from your shop if they are 3 blocks away, let alone inside their house, then in my opinion you have a serious problem. I don't see how you don't see that. You said that you are surrounded by residences, so it has to be far worse for the people that are actually within your block.

xtrmsnds2

Testing a vehicle might require that garage doors are open but testing a stereo system does not require open garage doors. And you do not need to play profanity-laced rap music to test the sound system, even if that is the music preferred by your customers.

Sixty-four complaints are a lot of complaints. I agree with you there. The police officer who responded to the one complaint seemed to agree with your neighbor, though.

You can speak with an attorney in your area to see if there is any law that the neighbor is violating (possibly intimidation? possibly harassment?).
thanks Quincy ,

Most sound systems the engine needs to be on for detecting back ground noises and distortion. I could show you the screen shot 5mins prior to that . the door was shut to block audios direct path. it was opened because 5 mins forward the customer was leaving .

I do take most precautions when i detect that the music is too loud. This guys last two incidences he was either parked the side road well within my I2 zoning permits, also across the street . he comes just close enough to my property line to get his videos but never have i seen a video from his house

also the time is 2:38 we close at 3:00 on Saturdays It would be likely that we would take in another car . so i suspect we were getting ready to close had the garage doors open so we can move cars to get ready for closing.

xtrmsnds2

Once again, if someone can even hear anything at all from your shop if they are 3 blocks away, let alone inside their house, then in my opinion you have a serious problem. I don't see how you don't see that. You said that you are surrounded by residences, so it has to be far worse for the people that are actually within your block.
Iv asked all the households in my surrounding area if they upset about the operating noise of my shop all say no . i have a very good relationship on the other side of those houses are a auto mechanic and the other side is a restaurant

quincy

Iv asked all the households in my surrounding area if they upset about the operating noise of my shop all say no . i have a very good relationship on the other side of those houses are a auto mechanic and the other side is a restaurant
If you are SURE you are not violating your city's noise ordinance, and you take precautions so profanity-laced rap music is not being blasted into the neighborhood from the stereo speakers you are working on, you could have an attorney send the neighbor a letter stating that you are violating no laws and saying that continued complaints about your legal operation of your shop might lead to legal action being taken against him (if the attorney can find an appropriate law to cite).

Or you could send a box of noise-cancelling earplugs to the complaining neighbor, perhaps with a box of candy. ;)

quincy

I see other images that get posted, just no car.

I'll check again when I get home.
The photo was just of the inside of the shop's garage showing the bay doors open and a car and motorcycle in the garage. It doesn't really prove anything.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">