• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help PLEASE!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? North Carolina
my husband signed separation papers with his first wife and her lawyer. he signed that his children would be the beneficiares of his life insurance policy, it dosen't say the only ones just the benif.
in his divorce there is no mention of the separation papers. now we have a daughter, house 2 cars and if anything would happen to him i would loose it all. do these separation papers still stand, or does it have to be merged or incorporated into the divorce?
were these separation papers only good for the duration of the separation? If they are still standing how do we change that. if anything ever happened to my hussband i would take care of my step-children, one of the two lives with us. Child support was also listed in the papers not the divorce, she didn't think it was enough so she went through child support services.
Thank you very much,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential