• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help regarding FL situation!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksbnet

What is the name of your state? Florida

This may be lengthy, and I hope I posted in right place. I moved to Florida recently from Louisiana to be with my partner. (Same sex male partnership, to save confusion lol) I was on probation in LA , nearing the end of my probation period. FL being an opportunity for a fresh start with my other half, I went on and came. Few weeks down, my partner and I had a domestic issue in the vehicle, and I had jumped out the car when stopped to disfuse the situation. Police was parked nearby and got involved. They separated both, and obviously wanted an aggressor and found me to be that. I was arrested, and there was a no contact order placed. I was bonded out few days later and had court few weeks from that. My partner did everything he could to get everything dropped and the no contact order dropped, as he was the only person I know here. (Let me say, me nor him are violent people, we are both gentle people, but this was rare incident) The state attorney was determined to get a plea and they wanted me to take probation, very minimal deal, but we still felt like it was blown out of proportion) day of court, my partner and I went into court together, because he wanted to show support and explain the situation to the judge, hoping they would understand. I went up, and of course, pled not guilty, but at the last moment the State attorney interrupted and asked the judge to identify my partner. They mentioned the no contact order and made it look like we were the worst people. We were under the impression that the order would have been dropped the day of court and prior to this my partner as the state attorney and my public defender if he could show up to support me and no one really had anything to say about it being a bad idea. The judge, wanting me to take the plea, had me put in handcuffs and was going to have me arrested again. I looked at my public defender and I took the plea and they let me go. The contact order was dropped. My partner spoke on my behalf but it was already done. I felt like I was forced to take a plea deal just so I didn't have to go to jail. Now I'm on probation in Florida while still being on probation of Louisiana. Fast forward. Few weeks later, me and my partner got into it again, but this wasn't bad. There was actually no hitting or anything. And this is technically the county next door to the one I just got on probation with. In the bedroom we kind of fell onto the bed but there was no exchange in hits, just more of us holding the other down. My partner used 911 as a scare tactic because he knows I'm on probation, he knows that I have nowhere to go, and in a sense of control, he knew that was the only thing he could use to keep me there. I did what I thought was the right thing, and left .I got in his vehicle and drove off. Note. He lets me use the vehicle regularly. I know better than just to run off with his car so I just got far enough from him and I parked it on the side of the road. Not even a half mile down the road and then I took off. The cops had responded to his call, and showed up. He did not try to pursue pressing charges, and he informed the officers that I use the car regularly. But the officers once again, took it upon themselves, and this is a different county just as a reminder, and they set out in the woods trying to find me. I did not know 100% for sure that he called or not. As far as my knowledge was concerned, I was just leaving and doing the right thing to disuse the situation. No statement was filed by him that night. Or least not an official statement. I had got a friend to come pick me up and I missed any physical contact with the police. It wasn't long after this done, My partner was texting me trying to get me to meet him somewhere because he was worried about me. He was trying to drop off clothes to me, because I was barefooted, no shirt with only my phone. And the guy that picked me up, I barely even know. My partner, along with myself who is across town, thought everything was fine. Fine. Cops showed back up 2 hours later at the house thinking I might be there, and now has involved all the roommates and this leads to me not having anywhere to live now. They return the following day looking for me also. My partner tells the officers that he used it as a scare tactic and that I didn't even know they were looking for me. Truth be told there was helicopters drones and all kinds of things looking for me. What I don't understand is nobody asked the police to go to these extreme measures. Especially when my partner is telling them that he was just doing it for them to defuse the situation. So me being on probation twice, and just finishing court for a prior situation, I'm automatically the bad guy. My partner is very good at victimizing himself. We actually are on the same page with everything now and both trying very hard to get this squashed away. The police offered to squash it but they wanted me to go meet them before a warrant was put out for me. I felt like something was fishy because they instead of calling my partner, they showed up at the house sneaking up to the windows while parking down the road. Road. They were willing to make this go away, they would just have called and asked us to meet them. Them knowing that this was once again blown out of proportion, have put a warrant out for me. Now I am in a situation and I am hiding out because it seems they just want to make arrest rest. They took it upon themselves to break out in this big search party, when my partner told them from the get-go that this was not what they thought it was. I had no clue and no contact with the cops. I did the right thing I thought by leaving. I think the police are upset that they didn't find me and that I have not made contact, so it's like they're trying to prove a point and they know that this is going to affect my probation that I just got put on. I am so screwed in so many ways. Is this right? Do they even have a case at all? Cuz there's no evidence, my partner, the one who made the call, allegedly did not volunteer any evidence to hurt me just to tell them that they wanted them to defuse the situation at hand. Because I was not present for any of it, for all they know he could have made it up. He is trying to reach out to them and they're playing games telling us to call this person call that person and what it seems like the most is that they just want to make an arrest on me because they spent so much time trying to find somebody that wasn't even in the same area. Any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated. There is a warrant for me and I don't know what to do, but I'm not going to hand my freedom over so easy. I'm willing to cooperate. I do not want to meet them. What they did to me in court tricking me to take a plea but I did not want to take was very wrong. They have no evidence, and they didn't even see me. Should I do? Sorry if I wasn't very clear in this post. My mind has not been right these last few days with everything. Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Just Blue

This may be lengthy, and I hope I posted in right place. I moved to Florida recently from Louisiana to be with my partner. (Same sex male partnership, to save confusion lol) I was on probation in LA , nearing the end of my probation period. FL being an opportunity for a fresh start with my other half, I went on and came.

Few weeks down, my partner and I had a domestic issue in the vehicle, and I had jumped out the car when stopped to disfuse the situation. Police was parked nearby and got involved. They separated both, and obviously wanted an aggressor and found me to be that. I was arrested, and there was a no contact order placed. I was bonded out few days later and had court few weeks from that. My partner did everything he could to get everything dropped and the no contact order dropped, as he was the only person I know here. (Let me say, me nor him are violent people, we are both gentle people, but this was rare incident) The state attorney was determined to get a plea and they wanted me to take probation, very minimal deal, but we still felt like it was blown out of proportion) day of court, my partner and I went into court together, because he wanted to show support and explain the situation to the judge, hoping they would understand.

I went up, and of course, pled not guilty, but at the last moment the State attorney interrupted and asked the judge to identify my partner. They mentioned the no contact order and made it look like we were the worst people. We were under the impression that the order would have been dropped the day of court and prior to this my partner as the state attorney and my public defender if he could show up to support me and no one really had anything to say about it being a bad idea. The judge, wanting me to take the plea, had me put in handcuffs and was going to have me arrested again. I looked at my public defender and I took the plea and they let me go. The contact order was dropped. My partner spoke on my behalf but it was already done. I felt like I was forced to take a plea deal just so I didn't have to go to jail. Now I'm on probation in Florida while still being on probation of Louisiana. Fast forward.

Few weeks later, me and my partner got into it again, but this wasn't bad. There was actually no hitting or anything. And this is technically the county next door to the one I just got on probation with. In the bedroom we kind of fell onto the bed but there was no exchange in hits, just more of us holding the other down. My partner used 911 as a scare tactic because he knows I'm on probation, he knows that I have nowhere to go, and in a sense of control, he knew that was the only thing he could use to keep me there. I did what I thought was the right thing, and left .I got in his vehicle and drove off. Note. He lets me use the vehicle regularly. I know better than just to run off with his car so I just got far enough from him and I parked it on the side of the road. Not even a half mile down the road and then I took off. The cops had responded to his call, and showed up. He did not try to pursue pressing charges, and he informed the officers that I use the car regularly. But the officers once again, took it upon themselves, and this is a different county just as a reminder, and they set out in the woods trying to find me.

I did not know 100% for sure that he called or not. As far as my knowledge was concerned, I was just leaving and doing the right thing to disuse the situation. No statement was filed by him that night. Or least not an official statement. I had got a friend to come pick me up and I missed any physical contact with the police. It wasn't long after this done, My partner was texting me trying to get me to meet him somewhere because he was worried about me. He was trying to drop off clothes to me, because I was barefooted, no shirt with only my phone. And the guy that picked me up, I barely even know. My partner, along with myself who is across town, thought everything was fine. Fine. Cops showed back up 2 hours later at the house thinking I might be there, and now has involved all the roommates and this leads to me not having anywhere to live now. They return the following day looking for me also. My partner tells the officers that he used it as a scare tactic and that I didn't even know they were looking for me. Truth be told there was helicopters drones and all kinds of things looking for me.

What I don't understand is nobody asked the police to go to these extreme measures. Especially when my partner is telling them that he was just doing it for them to defuse the situation. So me being on probation twice, and just finishing court for a prior situation, I'm automatically the bad guy. My partner is very good at victimizing himself. We actually are on the same page with everything now and both trying very hard to get this squashed away. The police offered to squash it but they wanted me to go meet them before a warrant was put out for me. I felt like something was fishy because they instead of calling my partner, they showed up at the house sneaking up to the windows while parking down the road. Road. They were willing to make this go away, they would just have called and asked us to meet them. Them knowing that this was once again blown out of proportion, have put a warrant out for me.

Now I am in a situation and I am hiding out because it seems they just want to make arrest rest. They took it upon themselves to break out in this big search party, when my partner told them from the get-go that this was not what they thought it was. I had no clue and no contact with the cops. I did the right thing I thought by leaving. I think the police are upset that they didn't find me and that I have not made contact, so it's like they're trying to prove a point and they know that this is going to affect my probation that I just got put on. I am so screwed in so many ways. Is this right? Do they even have a case at all? Cuz there's no evidence, my partner, the one who made the call, allegedly did not volunteer any evidence to hurt me just to tell them that they wanted them to defuse the situation at hand.

Because I was not present for any of it, for all they know he could have made it up. He is trying to reach out to them and they're playing games telling us to call this person call that person and what it seems like the most is that they just want to make an arrest on me because they spent so much time trying to find somebody that wasn't even in the same area. Any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated. There is a warrant for me and I don't know what to do, but I'm not going to hand my freedom over so easy. I'm willing to cooperate. I do not want to meet them.

What they did to me in court tricking me to take a plea but I did not want to take was very wrong. They have no evidence, and they didn't even see me. Should I do? Sorry if I wasn't very clear in this post. My mind has not been right these last few days with everything. Thank you so much.
Added some white space to the big block of text, for ease of reading.

quincy

… I am so screwed in so many ways … Any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated. There is a warrant for me and I don't know what to do, but I'm not going to hand my freedom over so easy …
Three bits of advice: One, get yourself a good criminal defense attorney and, two, don’t talk to the police without your attorney present and, three, dump your partner. He is not looking after your best interests.

This may be lengthy, and I hope I posted in right place. I moved to Florida recently from Louisiana to be with my partner. (Same sex male partnership, to save confusion lol) I was on probation in LA , nearing the end of my probation period. FL being an opportunity for a fresh start with my other half, I went on and came. Few weeks down, my partner and I had a domestic issue in the vehicle, and I had jumped out the car when stopped to disfuse the situation. Police was parked nearby and got involved. They separated both, and obviously wanted an aggressor and found me to be that. I was arrested, and there was a no contact order placed. I was bonded out few days later and had court few weeks from that. My partner did everything he could to get everything dropped and the no contact order dropped, as he was the only person I know here. (Let me say, me nor him are violent people, we are both gentle people, but this was rare incident) The state attorney was determined to get a plea and they wanted me to take probation, very minimal deal, but we still felt like it was blown out of proportion) day of court, my partner and I went into court together, because he wanted to show support and explain the situation to the judge, hoping they would understand. I went up, and of course, pled not guilty, but at the last moment the State attorney interrupted and asked the judge to identify my partner. They mentioned the no contact order and made it look like we were the worst people. We were under the impression that the order would have been dropped the day of court and prior to this my partner as the state attorney and my public defender if he could show up to support me and no one really had anything to say about it being a bad idea. The judge, wanting me to take the plea, had me put in handcuffs and was going to have me arrested again. I looked at my public defender and I took the plea and they let me go. The contact order was dropped. My partner spoke on my behalf but it was already done. I felt like I was forced to take a plea deal just so I didn't have to go to jail. Now I'm on probation in Florida while still being on probation of Louisiana. Fast forward. Few weeks later, me and my partner got into it again, but this wasn't bad. There was actually no hitting or anything. And this is technically the county next door to the one I just got on probation with. In the bedroom we kind of fell onto the bed but there was no exchange in hits, just more of us holding the other down. My partner used 911 as a scare tactic because he knows I'm on probation, he knows that I have nowhere to go, and in a sense of control, he knew that was the only thing he could use to keep me there. I did what I thought was the right thing, and left .I got in his vehicle and drove off. Note. He lets me use the vehicle regularly. I know better than just to run off with his car so I just got far enough from him and I parked it on the side of the road. Not even a half mile down the road and then I took off. The cops had responded to his call, and showed up. He did not try to pursue pressing charges, and he informed the officers that I use the car regularly. But the officers once again, took it upon themselves, and this is a different county just as a reminder, and they set out in the woods trying to find me. I did not know 100% for sure that he called or not. As far as my knowledge was concerned, I was just leaving and doing the right thing to disuse the situation. No statement was filed by him that night. Or least not an official statement. I had got a friend to come pick me up and I missed any physical contact with the police. It wasn't long after this done, My partner was texting me trying to get me to meet him somewhere because he was worried about me. He was trying to drop off clothes to me, because I was barefooted, no shirt with only my phone. And the guy that picked me up, I barely even know. My partner, along with myself who is across town, thought everything was fine. Fine. Cops showed back up 2 hours later at the house thinking I might be there, and now has involved all the roommates and this leads to me not having anywhere to live now. They return the following day looking for me also. My partner tells the officers that he used it as a scare tactic and that I didn't even know they were looking for me. Truth be told there was helicopters drones and all kinds of things looking for me. What I don't understand is nobody asked the police to go to these extreme measures. Especially when my partner is telling them that he was just doing it for them to defuse the situation. So me being on probation twice, and just finishing court for a prior situation, I'm automatically the bad guy. My partner is very good at victimizing himself. We actually are on the same page with everything now and both trying very hard to get this squashed away. The police offered to squash it but they wanted me to go meet them before a warrant was put out for me. I felt like something was fishy because they instead of calling my partner, they showed up at the house sneaking up to the windows while parking down the road. Road. They were willing to make this go away, they would just have called and asked us to meet them. Them knowing that this was once again blown out of proportion, have put a warrant out for me. Now I am in a situation and I am hiding out because it seems they just want to make arrest rest. They took it upon themselves to break out in this big search party, when my partner told them from the get-go that this was not what they thought it was. I had no clue and no contact with the cops. I did the right thing I thought by leaving. I think the police are upset that they didn't find me and that I have not made contact, so it's like they're trying to prove a point and they know that this is going to affect my probation that I just got put on. I am so screwed in so many ways. Is this right? Do they even have a case at all? Cuz there's no evidence, my partner, the one who made the call, allegedly did not volunteer any evidence to hurt me just to tell them that they wanted them to defuse the situation at hand. Because I was not present for any of it, for all they know he could have made it up. He is trying to reach out to them and they're playing games telling us to call this person call that person and what it seems like the most is that they just want to make an arrest on me because they spent so much time trying to find somebody that wasn't even in the same area. Any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated. There is a warrant for me and I don't know what to do, but I'm not going to hand my freedom over so easy. I'm willing to cooperate. I do not want to meet them. What they did to me in court tricking me to take a plea but I did not want to take was very wrong. They have no evidence, and they didn't even see me. Should I do? Sorry if I wasn't very clear in this post. My mind has not been right these last few days with everything. Thank you so much.

LdiJ

Three bits of advice: One, get yourself a good criminal defense attorney and, two, don’t talk to the police without your attorney present and, three, dump your partner. He is not looking after your best interests.
I agree wholeheartedly!

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Four: get therapy. OP needs to learn how to decrease the negative drama in his life. Perhaps he can inquire with a local DV program - there is help for both victims and abusers, so that might be a start. If there is a program that the local courts prefer, proactively seek that out. Acknowledging and taking responsible steps to address a problem helps you, legally. (Just as showing up at court with the person who has a no contact order hurts you; it's a order, not a suggestion.)

OP, you know the cops are paying attention to you. So wise up and stop screwing up. Don't have ANY contact with people who drop a dime on you to the cops and allege DV. If you need to get your stuff, request a police standby.

commentator

Honestly, I think you're going to jail, with or without a criminal defense attorney. From what I read, you're on the lam right now, "hiding from the cops" you are with someone you're not supposed to be with and when you are caught, it will be a definte violation of probation, and back you go. Wholeheartedly agree with above advice, this is not a good person you are with. Get away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">