• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help with my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NEED_HELP2

Georgia
Hello I am writing to find out what steps can I take to have my sister either evicted or to get her on a lease. My sister has been living in my deceased grandmother's house, (the house is actually in my name). My mother verbally agreed to allow my sister to stay in the home as long as she kept the yearly taxes up to date and kept the home in good condition. It has been 3 or more years and my sister has NOT paid the yearly taxes that she agreed upon NOR has she kept the property up. She has let the house go down and it need lots of repairs and now she has allowed her boyfriend to live there. As I stated earlier, the house is in my name and I want her to either sign a lease, start making monthly payments and make ALL the necessary repairs or get out, her and her boyfriend! How do I proceed with this matter?

P.S. My mother is bed ridden due to a stroke, since July 2016 and I have Power of Attorney. All of the properties where my parents and my siblings reside are in my name.

Thank you in advance,
Need_Help2

Just Blue

Georgia
Hello I am writing to find out what steps can I take to have my sister either evicted or to get her on a lease. My sister has been living in my deceased grandmother's house, (the house is actually in my name). My mother verbally agreed to allow my sister to stay in the home as long as she kept the yearly taxes up to date and kept the home in good condition. It has been 3 or more years and my sister has NOT paid the yearly taxes that she agreed upon NOR has she kept the property up. She has let the house go down and it need lots of repairs and now she has allowed her boyfriend to live there. As I stated earlier, the house is in my name and I want her to either sign a lease, start making monthly payments and make ALL the necessary repairs or get out, her and her boyfriend! How do I proceed with this matter?

P.S. My mother is bed ridden due to a stroke, since July 2016 and I have Power of Attorney. All of the properties where my parents and my siblings reside are in my name.

Thank you in advance,
Need_Help2
Property was Quit Claimed over to you and it's ONLY in your name?

LdiJ

Georgia

Thank you in advance,
Need_Help2
Why are all of the properties where your family resides in your name? If they are in your name, how could your mother give your sister permission to live in one of them? If you don't want to answer those questions here then consult with a local attorney, because the answers to those questions may be important.

FarmerJ

You want someone who refuses to pay what they agreed to pay to enter into a written lease with you ? What on earth do you think that will change ? If its your house then get the un paid taxes paid up enough to prevent a county property tax foreclosure from occurring and send her a proper written notice telling her she must move out ! If she wont do it then take her to court and have her evicted for failing to vacate after proper notice to vacate was issued. BTW her BF needs a proper notice from you as well !

Litigator22

Georgia

Thank you in advance,
Need_Help2
If it is true that "all of the properties where your parents and siblings reside are in you name", then what is your purpose in telling us that mother agreed that sister can stay in your home.

That puzzler and the fact that you seem to find some significance in having mother's power of attorney raises concerns as to the accuracy of your claim of ownership. Not to mention that there is no mention of the means by which you supposedly came into such multiple ownership - to the apparent exclusion of your siblings!

But I certainly agree that you do indeed need help; help from some other source that is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">