• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

proach

What is the name of your state?texas
Father has tried to pick up children for his visitation, mother causes a scene in front of children. it gets really bad for the children, mother shouts obscenities and threatens to call police. father contacted sheriffs dept and constables dept who said they will not go out there with him when he goes to pick up children, they say to go get an attorney. she is in contempt of the orders in the divorce decree. father can't afford an attorney. is it wise to go to court without an attorney? doing nothing is not good either. mother is now telling children, boyfriend is their dad. any information regarding fathers rights groups or assistance for fathers who can't afford an attorney? the courts seem to step in for women if men get behind on child support. is there somewhere men can get assistance (already turned down by legal aid). any advice would be welcomed.

gatorguy3

Have him contact Children and Family Services or Child Protective Services. Have him tell them everything that is going on. If they find there is significant neglect then they could give help if they choose to do so. I do not know of any other way outside of retaining an attorney directly.

proach

texas
cps was involved on at least three occassions when the mother left the children (then 6mos and 2yrs old) alone. this was all documented from when the apartment complex manager provided signed documents to them. to make a long story short, cps has been provided with documentation of neglect and abuse and there reponse was "we find no reason at this time to investigate further". i'm sorry, but they are useless when it comes to protecting children (prevention of something very serious). the childrens school even notified cps and they received the same reply. should father file contempt papers without an attorney? i feel like something has to be done, mother is trying or going to move them out of state, again against the orders of the divorce decree. the mother does what she wants without any consequences because she can.

gatorguy3

well, if I were the one who had signed proof in hand, I would go to CPS and demand they help or I would sue them. If I were that father, I would promise the CPS workers that if anything were to happen to my children, that I would hold each and every one of them responsible and would not stop until they were jobless, in the least.

Sometimes, you have to rattle a few cages to get what you want. To get the end result you desire, easy is not a word you should consider.

LdiJ

gatorguy3 said:
well, if I were the one who had signed proof in hand, I would go to CPS and demand they help or I would sue them. If I were that father, I would promise the CPS workers that if anything were to happen to my children, that I would hold each and every one of them responsible and would not stop until they were jobless, in the least.

Sometimes, you have to rattle a few cages to get what you want. To get the end result you desire, easy is not a word you should consider.
That is not the best advice in this case. Dad absolutely does need to file for contempt...and if he cannot afford an attorney then he needs to file for it on his own.

Trying to "rattle" CPS's cages generally gets the opposite reaction from what a parent really wants.

nextwife

HE may want to document her inappropriate behavior by videotaping these public scenes she causes, and the language she is using in front of her kids. This would also document her attempts and willingness to deny CO'd visitation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">