• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need some advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dinpoudel

What is the name of your state? california

I recived my dui last year and everything is paid for. My tickests, community service, dui school everything is done. I am in informal probation for 3 years and i am going out of the country for 40 days next month. Do i need to take permission from the court to leave the country since i am in probation.

Any advice would be higly appriciated.

Thanks

This would depend on your state laws pertaining to probation. But you have a bigger fish to fry and that is, can you get a VISA for the country you're going to with a recent misdemeanor on your record?

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? california

I recived my dui last year and everything is paid for. My tickests, community service, dui school everything is done. I am in informal probation for 3 years and i am going out of the country for 40 days next month. Do i need to take permission from the court to leave the country since i am in probation.

Any advice would be higly appriciated.

Thanks
Easy answer. Yes you do. OR from your probation officer.

Dinpoudel

thanks

well the thing is that there is no probation officer in my case, this is informal probation. The terms are don't drink and drive, don't without insurnace, and i don't have a probation officer.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

I traveled out of the country during my DUI probation and it didn't make a difference. I did get a letter from my PO, just in case I needed to prove authorization, but no one asked for it. I had a valid passport and there were no warrants for my arrest out there.

How countries treat foreigner DUI offenses varies. Countries heavily dependent on the tourist trade, for example, are likely to be more lenient. Other countries, like the US, are very hardcore about DUI.

If you're visiting a hardcore country, Customs will likely run a background check on you which can open the possibility of you getting turned around and sent back. If you haven't already, I'd suggest you contact the Consulate of the country your visiting and see what their DUI policy is, and if there's and Ducks you need to get in a row before you leave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">