• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Flustered

I am from pennsylvania. Two years ago my parents began to get a divorce. I am away at school and when home acted as the peace maker. One side in this whole thing has fought dirty, lying and failing to follow court orders. However they have succeeded in obtaining sole possession of the marital home until the splitting of property. Well, I again attempted to step in when at home when things were being done that shouldn't. Well I was "evicted" but I was served nothing. Are there grounds for evicting me when only temprorary possession of the home is given to the person evicting me and is there some process involved.

usmcfamily

How old are you? If you are over 18 your parents actually bear NO obligation whatsoever to provide you a home -- it is nice if they have done it in the past, but as you have learned divorce changes everything and your playing "peacemaker" was more than likely perceived as interfering and they have every right to ask you to leave the premises so in fact you were not actually "evicted" and have no legal recourse to their action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">