• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor online pictures

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

appless

What is the name of your state?PA My neighbor put up pictures of my backyard online on the nextdoor app. He states my backyard in a junkyard, with 4 trash cans, plastic gallon jugs on deck, ladder hanging on chain link fence,metal clothes line, shed with my trailer and piles of dirt. He said this is in violation of the neighborhood covenants. The covenants are quite old and no longer enforced. Can I take any legal action for the pictures he posted?

quincy

What is the name of your state?PA My neighbor put up pictures of my backyard online on the nextdoor app. He states my backyard in a junkyard, with 4 trash cans, plastic gallon jugs on deck, ladder hanging on chain link fence,metal clothes line, shed with my trailer and piles of dirt. He said this is in violation of the neighborhood covenants. The covenants are quite old and no longer enforced. Can I take any legal action for the pictures he posted?
Anyone can sue anyone else for pretty much any reason at all. The question is whether a lawsuit has any chance of being successful - and with what you describe here, there is little chance any lawsuit you attempt could be successful.

There are several reasons why I think a lawsuit would not be successful.

One, the photos published show your backyard. Your neighbor’s opinion is that your backyard is a junkyard. Others can look at the photos to decide whether they share that opinion.

Two, pure opinion, opinion supported by fact, and truth or substantial truth are all solid defenses to any claim of defamation.

Three, old laws or old covenants that have not been repealed, even if they have not been enforced, are still laws and covenants that can be used to support legal or disciplinary actions.

Have you given any thought to cleaning up your backyard?

Last edited:

quincy

Maybe the neighbor mind their own business and keep their nose in their own back yard.
Neighbors have a legitimate concern about the condition of the properties in their neighborhoods. Neighboring properties that are in poor condition can negatively affect the value of all of the other properties in the area.

adjusterjack

Maybe the neighbor mind their own business and keep their nose in their own back yard.
Having lived next door to low lifes with crappy yards, it WAS my business.

The rats appear to be the neighbors. They are free to move a more attractive neighborhood with zoning. My guess is they will still be nosey no matter what.
I did move to a more attractive neighborhood. It's just not something that happens overnight.

PS. Takes a low life to defend a low life.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The rats appear to be the neighbors. They are free to move a more attractive neighborhood with zoning. My guess is they will still be nosey no matter what.
Why? If OP's yard is attracting rodents, it's a public nuisance. You want rats roaming through your yard?

And, I know - there has been no indication this is the case - just presenting a possible situation.

quincy

I believe the neighbors have a reasonable concern. They could be free to move to a different location, if they want to and employment and finances permit, but they could have difficulty selling their home when it’s located next to a “junkyard.”

Because they could have difficulty selling their property because of the neighbor’s property, they are also free to file a complaint against the neighboring property owner who neglects the condition of his/her home to the detriment of everyone who resides in the neighborhood.

The easiest solution seems to be for appless to clean up his/her yard so it no longer is an eyesore.

Bali Hai Again

4 trash cans, plastic gallon jugs on deck, ladder hanging on chain link fence,metal clothes line, shed with my trailer and piles of dirt

The above constitutes a ”junkyard”? Looks like a normal back yard to me with dirt piles an exception. Looks like I’ve struck a nerve here. If the neighbor sells at a loss, heck if the OP buys they could “help the neighbor OUT”.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">