• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Peeping into 2nd floor Bedroom window with drone at almost 1 am

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

There is always the chance that the drone operator was simply testing out its capabilities and had no intention of spying on or harassing anyone.

Cheap drones can be purchased at Target for around $30 and I know from personal experience that there is a learning curve. Learning how to control the drone’s movements and keeping it from entangling itself in tree branches or straying too far can be a challenge for a younger operator.

In other words, drones are not the sole province of the old and experienced. Kids use them.

Unless the drone continues to intrude on privacy, I would not look at these incidents as some grand plan by a private-investigator-neighbor to spy.

commentator

Please. That's weak sauce. A laser pointer would be the starting point, a slingshot and supply of rocks would be another effective alternative.
Unfortunately, here where I live, the first choice would be shotgun, followed by God know what all they're hiding under the bed and don't get to use often enough. We don't need to escalate, we need to solve the problem without the war.

Back in the 1960's, my husband and another teenager saw the Goodyear Blimp slowly,silently glide over their rural neighbor. When told what it was, the other boy took off running wildly toward his house, screaming, "I gotta go tell Daddy what it is before he shoots it down!"

Just Blue

Unfortunately, here where I live, the first choice would be shotgun, followed by God know what all they're hiding under the bed and don't get to use often enough. We don't need to escalate, we need to solve the problem without the war.

Back in the 1960's, my husband and another teenager saw the Goodyear Blimp slowly,silently glide over their rural neighbor. When told what it was, the other boy took off running wildly toward his house, screaming, "I gotta go tell Daddy what it is before he shoots it down!"
Sooo...am I to gather he lived in a "shoot first ask questions later" kinda place? :unsure::giggle:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">