• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor planted flower bed on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Buk1000

What is the name of your state? OK

Not that I mind the flower bed itself, and it is really tiny, maybe two square yards at most, but I came out one day and there it was. My neighbor was standing there and I looked at her quizically and she mumbled something about their dog "going there." I don't know if she meant he dug there or if she wanted a place for her dog to relieve itself other than on HER yard. I was so mystified i couldn't think of a thing to say. But recently I started wondering, could they claim ownership of this little corner by "adverse posession?" Am I now required to do something so we don't have problems selling the house someday, or can i just ignore this as the trivial matter it "seems" to be?

Send her a written letter Certified RRR granting her written permission to tend that little garden and that permission can be revoked under terms you specify.

Let nothing happen to that letter (your copy of that letter) and the return receipt card, and she can NEVER claim any part of that specifically detailed garden plot.

OR

You can send her a similar letter, informing her that your permission has now been revoked.

Either way. The problem will forever be resolved.

Last edited:

rutica

You shouldn't reward rude behavior so i would tell her (nicely) to remove her flower beds from your property.

Tell her to plant flowers in her own yard! did she dig up your grass to plant her flowers? if so, tell her you want your grass back. you know the saying, you give people an inch and they take a mile. if you let her get away with this, who knows what else she'll do.

BelizeBreeze said:
Need flowers for your dinner table????:D
I like this idea too!

She plants the flowers - you get to use 'em. The balance is struck.

A true symbiotic relationship at work in real time. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">