• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbores central AC a big problem to me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TooBad

Hi group- I live in Florida.
I posted this in the wrong forum! I hope I'm in the right one now and I can get some help here! Sorry- It's a little long!
My neighbors central AC has been leaking condensation and drainage water on to my bedroom and living room ceilings for some years an my ceiling is now falling apart and full of mold and fungi (actualy some small stemed mushrooms are coming out from the living room ceilng, the drywall has to be replaced followed by popcorn replacement in several areas, per three contractors that have looked at it and giving estimates. i/a/w with some people here, that had some ceiling problems like this, told me that it will make a big mess and the cleanup process after the repairs will cost more then the actual ceiling rpair, include replacement of my wall to wall carpet,etc. wow- it will make a big mess and the AC owner know. Now, the owner of the unit is replacing all the ducting and drain pipes that has been doing the damage from leakage and condensatin to my ceilings. She is now not very cooperative about getting the damage to my ceiling repaired, including replacing the deteriorated drywall and popcorn repaired correctly- She sent a man over, that she had told to "Just path up the holes in his ceiling!" I could not belive this, I told him; "NO I need to have the ceiling fixed correctly!" and she also had the Airhandler on her AC in her unit, moved closer to my living room wall as well as furter in towards my TV and PC and couch area in my living room, were I and friends spend most of our time and this has now created a humming/vibrating irritating noise that is tranfered into my wall, it's nauseating to listen to, after a few hour sitting there and it's right behind the couch and I can't move all this to a different location, in my small apartment.
What can I do about all these problems that seam to get worse and worse and no help from the owner or her contractor whom are both ignoring me and the problems now!
Any help, input or ideas will be much appreciated.
Thanks- sorry about the long story!
Toobad

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">