• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors don't clean up dog poops on my lawn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
My neighbors could complain that I let my dogs poop in front of their house, but without proof? And I KNOW they don't have that, as my dogs stay on my property (in back) and go there. I'm the only one in the immediate vicinity w/dogs. Though lots of folks walk theirs on our street.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It illegal to let them run free. Dogs outdoors have to be restrained.

BTW - how did people prove things BEFORE home video surveillance?
A better question is this: What are your actual damages?

I have the occasional plop of poop that needs to be cleaned in my back yard. It's annoying as all getup...and I could never figure out how this large dog (from the look of the plops) could get in to my fully enclosed back yard. Once the camera went up I realized that it was possums.

PayrollHRGuy

It illegal to let them run free. Dogs outdoors have to be restrained.

BTW - how did people prove things BEFORE home video surveillance?
I mentioned that because there are jurisdictions where leaving a dog tied up like that is a violation of animal cruelty laws.

People used not to worry about a little dog poop.

debodun

My beef isn't about dog poop on shoes and lawn equipment or the stink by the side of my house, it's about irresponsible owners that are too lazy, ignorant, apathetic or inconsiderate to clean up after their pets. I bet they'd raise a tsunami if I threw cat litter on their property. I've mentioned this to other people and I get the impression that I am immediately labeled as an animal hater which isn't true. The dog can't help what it does, it's what the owners DON'T do.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My beef isn't about dog poop on shoes and lawn equipment or the stink by the side of my house, it's about irresponsible owners that are too lazy, ignorant, apathetic or inconsiderate to clean up after their pets. I bet they'd raise a tsunami if I threw cat litter on their property. I've mentioned this to other people and I get the impression that I am immediately labeled as an animal hater which isn't true. The dog can't help what it does, it's what the owners DON'T do.
In other words...this is just a rant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">