• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

[NEVADA] Annulment forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Also, is anyone willing to offer any real advice or help with forms and such... or are we going to worry about suspected UPL, or have senior members bicker?
You cannot fill out and file forms for your boyfriend. Only an attorney licensed to practice law in Nevada can do that.

Here is a link to NRS 7.285, Unlicensed Practice of Law, the first offense of which can be charged as a misdemeanor: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-007.html#NRS007Sec285

Perhaps it is time for your boyfriend to find an attorney in Nevada?

As a note: Pro se means to represent ONESELF in a court proceeding without the assistance of a lawyer. It does not mean you can represent someone else - because you CAN'T represent someone else UNLESS you are an attorney.

Last edited:

CLJM

Also, is anyone willing to offer any real advice or help with forms and such... or are we going to worry about suspected UPL, or have senior members bicker?
joeaway951,

I am not a senior member---just someone who thought to offer you help. I have represented myself in several civil legal issues as Pro Se and I have never had any problems--in fact I have enjoyed it. I have also found the Courts to be extremely helpful to Pro Se litigants.

As I said in my post, Clark County Courts and the "Family Law Self-Help Center" has valuable information regarding Pro Se -----necessary forms, procedures, and processes, etc---start to finish. I encourage you and your boyfriend to review their websites if you haven't already. (They have a separate section on annulments)

There is nothing wrong with Pro Se and it is not unlawful to help someone with information...such as where to find forms, or Laws, or Statutes, or how to find out the Status of a case, or offering that the Clerk of the Court might be helpful. It is only unlawful if someone provides another with legal advice or does such as performing actions that only an Attorney is licensed to perform.

I took your post to be one of helping your boyfriend with gathering the necessary forms and information for him to represent himself.

I hope I've been helpful...and good luck to you.

quincy

... I hope I've been helpful....
CLJM, you would have been MORE helpful if you had refrained from telling joeaway that it was all right to fill out and file forms.

The very first response in this thread was written by an attorney. This attorney told joeaway that what she was doing was illegal. This was repeated several times by others.

Although you might have had good intentions in posting, your posts in essence encouraged joeaway to commit a misdemeanor. That is perhaps the least helpful type of post you can make on a legal site.

Last edited:

joeaway951

joeaway951,

I am not a senior member---just someone who thought to offer you help. I have represented myself in several civil legal issues as Pro Se and I have never had any problems--in fact I have enjoyed it. I have also found the Courts to be extremely helpful to Pro Se litigants.

As I said in my post, Clark County Courts and the "Family Law Self-Help Center" has valuable information regarding Pro Se -----necessary forms, procedures, and processes, etc---start to finish. I encourage you and your boyfriend to review their websites if you haven't already. (They have a separate section on annulments)

There is nothing wrong with Pro Se and it is not unlawful to help someone with information...such as where to find forms, or Laws, or Statutes, or how to find out the Status of a case, or offering that the Clerk of the Court might be helpful. It is only unlawful if someone provides another with legal advice or does such as performing actions that only an Attorney is licensed to perform.

I took your post to be one of helping your boyfriend with gathering the necessary forms and information for him to represent himself.

I hope I've been helpful...and good luck to you.
Thank you very much CLJM! :)

CLJM

CLJM, you would have been MORE helpful if you had refrained from telling joeaway that it was all right to fill out and file forms.

The very first response in this thread was written by an attorney. This attorney told joeaway that what she was doing was illegal. This was repeated several times by others.

Although you might have had good intentions in posting, your posts in essence encouraged joeaway to commit a misdemeanor. That is perhaps the least helpful type of post you can make on a legal site.
Yes, I read what others have said (including a poster calling the OP a Liar ! ) I see nothing in my posts that encouraged anyone to commit a misdemeanor. Directing someone to a Court website to help someone find forms, or posting that a call to the Clerk of the Court might be helpful in finding out the Status--- all done with the intention of understanding she was HELPING her boyfriend---not doing it FOR HIM. Certainly my posts have defined my intentions of answering the OP's questions---which was NOT PRACTICING LAW.

For my own clarification because of the concern with the responses, I made the effort to contact an attorney in Las Vegas, and who is affiliated with the Clark County Court and sent him a copy of the posts and asked for his opinion if I was in error. He said I was not.
He further stated he read the OP's post of being one that was HELPING her boyfriend...not doing it FOR him.

So, I am good with my posts.

quincy

... For my own clarification because of the concern with the responses, I made the effort to contact an attorney in Las Vegas, and who is affiliated with the Clark County Court and sent him a copy of the posts and asked for his opinion if I was in error. He said I was not.
He further stated he read the OP's post of being one that was HELPING her boyfriend...not doing it FOR him.
Quite frankly, I don't believe you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes, I read what others have said (including a poster calling the OP a Liar ! ) I see nothing in my posts that encouraged anyone to commit a misdemeanor. Directing someone to a Court website to help someone find forms, or posting that a call to the Clerk of the Court might be helpful in finding out the Status--- all done with the intention of understanding she was HELPING her boyfriend---not doing it FOR HIM. Certainly my posts have defined my intentions of answering the OP's questions---which was NOT PRACTICING LAW.

For my own clarification because of the concern with the responses, I made the effort to contact an attorney in Las Vegas, and who is affiliated with the Clark County Court and sent him a copy of the posts and asked for his opinion if I was in error. He said I was not.

So, I am good with my posts.
The fact that the OP FILLED OUT AND FILED on the guy's behalf shows UPL. Of course, once she was called on it she made up a story about merely "helping. Maybe it's time for you to close your mouth and move on...

quincy

That's OK quincy.... As said, I am good with my posts ...
Perhaps the moderator will be good with your posts, too. :)

I think it was your confusion, CLJM - over who was posting and who was doing the filling out and filing of forms for whom - that led to the problems in this thread. Had you read the original post carefully, you would have realized the legal issue was the boyfriend's legal issue and not a legal issue that joeaway could handle FOR him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">