• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never recieved final check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimmler

I started a job, and worked for a week. I realized it was not the job I was looking for and quit. I recieved the first half of the weeks pay on my final day, and was supposed to have my final check mailed to me 2 weeks later on the next pay period. That next pay period ended on April 2rd. I still have not received the check.

I have contacted the company three times, still no check in the mail. I like to give them the benefit of the doubt (they say it must have gotten lost in the mail), but what recourse do I have to get my final check?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

JETX

"I have contacted the company three times"
*** How did you contact them?? Phone??
If so, most states require that you send them a demand letter (certified RRR) first. If they refuse to pay you, then you should contact your state department of labor and file a complaint.
Since you didn't provide your state, you can't get specific information.

jimmler

JETX said:
"I have contacted the company three times"
*** How did you contact them?? Phone??
If so, most states require that you send them a demand letter (certified RRR) first. If they refuse to pay you, then you should contact your state department of labor and file a complaint.
Since you didn't provide your state, you can't get specific information.

Thanks for the response. I did contact them by phone. The state is PA (sorry about leaving that out, I guess I was having a D.A. attack).

In PA is the correct step to send a demand letter (certified RRR)?

If so that will be my next course of action.

Thanks,
jimmler

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">