• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never Recieved Petition. Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wespalmore0415

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was living in Jacksonville, Florida when I was married and for a year after we seperated. My wife and I are both fairly young. A few months ago I recently got accepted to Florida State University so I moved to Tallahassee, Florida. My wife knew that I had to quit my job and she knew when I was moving. Right after I left I guess she filed for a dissolution of marriage and she marked the box that she would give the documents to me by mail. She mailed the documents to my old address in Jacksonville and knew I wouldn't be there. She also lied and said I was working when she knew I quit for school. I recieved a final judgement for the dissolution of marriage and on it it states that I wasn't present for the hearing, but of course if I didn't know about it. I was wondering if anyone knew what type of documents I would now have to enter so the courts know I never received my paperwork. Thanks for any help.

LdiJ

wespalmore0415 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I was living in Jacksonville, Florida when I was married and for a year after we seperated. My wife and I are both fairly young. A few months ago I recently got accepted to Florida State University so I moved to Tallahassee, Florida. My wife knew that I had to quit my job and she knew when I was moving. Right after I left I guess she filed for a dissolution of marriage and she marked the box that she would give the documents to me by mail. She mailed the documents to my old address in Jacksonville and knew I wouldn't be there. She also lied and said I was working when she knew I quit for school. I recieved a final judgement for the dissolution of marriage and on it it states that I wasn't present for the hearing, but of course if I didn't know about it. I was wondering if anyone knew what type of documents I would now have to enter so the courts know I never received my paperwork. Thanks for any help.
Does the dissolution cause you any harm in any way? Anything that might have been different if you had been present in court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">