• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NEW Car damaged with every service!! (x3!) HELP!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Niecy7269

My girlfriend and I live in Kansas. When we purchased our Brand-new 2000 Minivan from a dealership in town, it had 10 miles on it.

We had a choice in buying a second-hand Town and Country for less with more extras, BUT we opted to go for a brand new Minivan for a little more.
We are both very anal in keeping our vehicle in excellent condition and do not even allow anybody else to drive it!

To make a very long story short, when we took our van for it's first service, at the dealership of purchase, our Minivan came out with a dent and a scratch! (Which we immidiately noticed!)The dealership kept our Minivan for more than a week, giving us a rental car and appologized for the damage.
When we took our Minivan in for it's second service, it again came out with a scratch! We alerted the manager and asked him politely to please take note that it has been damaged AGAIN and that they need to take note of the people driving the vehicle's! He again appologized but as we were living 3 hours away from the dealership, and the scratch was small, we decided to let it go.
It gets worse...We took our Minivan for it's third service and was APHALED to see a HUGE dent and scratches on the side. I was in tears and expressed my anger and frustration to the same manager, who again said "All I can say is, that I am sorry" BUT to us SORRY IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH ANYMORE!!
We expressed our fear that the damage might be done intentionally, as we have a rainbow-sticker (Diversity) on our Minivan's window. It just DOES NOT not make sense that it would come out damaged EVERY time we take it in for a simple service!
The manager told us this does not happen to any other customers, but that he was sure that no-one would damage our Minivan on purpose.

We are VERY angry and worried!It is extremely upsetting that we have spent so much money on a NEW vehicle and it has been damaged so much by a supposed "5 star dealership"!

Our Minivan does not feel like the new vehicle we are paying for anymore! The first dent/repair is CLEARLY visable!The body-putty and new paint is not exactly the same! Which in term, brings the value down!! One of the VERY reasons we decided NOT to buy a second-hand vehicle! Is it fair to demand a new Minivan from the dealership?

Your response will be highly appreciated!
Jenice/Wilna :eek:)

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, no it is not fair to demand a new car from the dealership. You have some blame here too. Do it to you once, shame on them. Do it to you twice and thrice, shame on you! Don't you learn from your mistakes.

Ask them to pay for all repairs and to pay you for the amount your car has been devalued.

If they don't, you contact the corporate headquarters. If they don't, contact your Better Business Bureau. Betcha they can help!

N

Niecy7269

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lawrat:
I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, no it is not fair to demand a new car from the dealership. You have some blame here too. Do it to you once, shame on them. Do it to you twice and thrice, shame on you! Don't you learn from your mistakes.

Ask them to pay for all repairs and to pay you for the amount your car has been devalued.

If they don't, you contact the corporate headquarters. If they don't, contact your Better Business Bureau. Betcha they can help!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am responding to your response! It is not like I have been taking my van to a backyard mechanic! This is a very well known, "respectable" company that I purchased it from, if I can't trust them, who can I trust?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">