• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Car Title Issues With A Dealership.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ghaztly

I live in Missouri and I recently purchased a car. This car was purchased on august 29th 2019. Unknowing I left without the title and when trying to get my plates I realised i needed a title in my ignorance. When I contacted the dealer for this title they told me I may have to wait up to one week. I continued to pursue them about my title until I got some answers. This new car was sold to me with 1,000 miles on it, upon questioning i found out that they had previously leased the car to someone else but they had backed out, and they guaranteed that this car had never left the lot. They told me they were working with Jeff City to get the leased person off of the title. It is now 10/8/2019 and i still do not have a title. Later I found out that the 1,000 miles was due to this being a demo car that bosses would take from lot to lot. None of this was disclosed to me during sale, I was told I was buying a new car. Is this legal? My Temp tag is way passed due and i'm always afraid of driving on my commute to work. They assured me they would cover all expenses if i were pulled over and late fee's when i got my plates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">