• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Florida Parenting Plans / Time Sharing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

troutette

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? fl
Florida. According to my final judgment (2006), I was awarded primary custodial and residential parent. I'm assuming the residential part means where the child lives most of the time. But what about the part that says primary custodial? Currently my ex has restricted visitation. Not sure what that means or if it means I have sole custody?

The reason I ask is because I just filed a supplemental petition to modify parent plan/time sharing schedule. My ex refused to take my daugher an extra 20 minutes twice a week so I could secure full-time, outside employment. If this new parent plan is ordered by the court, does that mean he is responsible for taking her the extra time? Presently he has her two nights a week.

Now that the laws recently changed in Florida and is shared parenting, does that mean that he automatically gets his restricted visition removed? If this does turn into shared parenting, does that mean he has to take her more?

He is fighting the petition and doesn't want to take her during times I have offered (alternating holidays, alternating weekends and 1/2 of winter and summer school breaks).

Also, what are his decision making rights as a NCP with restricted visition? Do my decisions overrule his?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Add this to one of your other threads. Because seriously those have other information that is necessary to give you a proper answer.

You will also want to quote your court order.

LdiJ

Isn't there such a thing as a second opinion?
Of course there is. However on THIS site, the same people are going to answer you anytime you post a new thread, therefore its easier for all the volunteers here if your keep your info on one thread.

However, I will tell you that just because a law changes, doesn't mean that a court order automatically changes...particularly if a parent is under restricted visitation.

ecmst12

Here's your thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/received-motion-dismiss-supplemental-petition-modifcation-parent-plan-498004.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">