• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Home Owner Keeps my Mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

He said "no problem" but he's so clumsy and lost (he's really a bit of a fool), he doesn't even pick up the phone when at home....
With all due respect (such as it is), I don't think that's the behavior of a fool, but rather someone trying to avoid one.

He's not required to hold your mail, much less take the time to make arrangements to meet you and hand it over. As long as he's not opening it, he's well within the law.

Likely, you've stalked him and he's simply tired of it and ignoring you in the hopes that you'll put on your big boy (or girl) panties and deal with it yourself.

I'm courteous enough to hand-deliver wrongly delivered mail to the rightful owner, but I wouldn't do it for you with the attitude you have. :rolleyes:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
(he's really a bit of a fool), he doesn't even pick up the phone when at home....
Hate to tell ya, cupcake - not answering one's phone does not mean someone's a fool. Lots of people screen calls. I don't answer if it's (a) someone I don't know or (b) someone I don't want to talk to.

Same with answering the door. He's under no obligation to answer the door when you come calling. He can even stand in full view and leave you knockin'.

You really should have changed your address for the tax bill long ago. When is the last time you received it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">