• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kskye

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

In the paperwork I have it asks if the wife wants to revert to her maiden name and what that is. Instead of reverting I want to change my first and last names to something completely different than my current and previous names.

Is this possible? Or are my only choices my married or maiden name?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

In the paperwork I have it asks if the wife wants to revert to her maiden name and what that is. Instead of reverting I want to change my first and last names to something completely different than my current and previous names.

Is this possible? Or are my only choices my married or maiden name?
Via the divorce, yes I believe those are your only choices.

However, you can file a petition, outside of the divorce, to completely change your name. Do you realize though just what a pain in the neck that is going to be to change everything in your life to your new name? Think it through carefully.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">