• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Next move

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?MD
I've been on fmla since February. It expires end of this month. I don't believe I have enough workable hours to extend it.
I put into railroad retirement not social security. I'm not able to return to work because I'm now disabled. Who do i go to for disability, like social security disability?
Thanks in advance.


Junior Member
You apply through the Railroad Retirement Board. There are two types of RRB disability. Total, as with Social Security Disability. and Occupational related partial disability.
I've been out of work, on fmla for a year & I got a letter stating I've exhausted my railroad retirement benefits & to apply again July 1. I believe I'll be able to return to work in before the end of the year. Right now I have no income & I don't qualify for anything because I don't think I'll be out another year; temporary disability or social security disability.
What can I do, where can I go, who can I call for assistance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential