• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nigerian Fraud - PLEASE HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtcattle

Nigerian Scam

Alabama
I received a Cahiers Check for $5,850.00! I took it to my bank and was advised it is counterfite. I then went to the Sheriff's department and filed a report, was advised this is Federal. it has been a week and I have not heard from anyone, but am still getting EMails wanting to know if I have received the money so they can tell me how to send the balance. I am wondering where do I need to go next. I have not answered their EMails, will tell them I have been out of town.

HomeGuru

bigtcattle said:
Alabama
I received a Cahiers Check for $5,850.00! I took it to my bank and was advised it is counterfite. I then went to the Sheriff's department and filed a report, was advised this is Federal. it has been a week and I have not heard from anyone, but am still getting EMails wanting to know if I have received the money so they can tell me how to send the balance. I am wondering where do I need to go next. I have not answered their EMails, will tell them I have been out of town.
**A: www.ftc.gov

JETX

bigtcattle said:
Alabama
*** Go ahead and answer their emails. Tell them some crap about the bank giving you this big wad of money in cash and your not feeling comfortable about using the mail. Ask them to come to you to pick up the money. Make up all kinds of excuses..... have fun with it.
Lead them along. They will eventually get tired and realize that you are NOT a sucker..... but you can still have fun as long as you can string them on.

Take a 'hint' from Brad Christensen and his 'games' with them. They can be found at: http://www.quatloos.com/

bigtcattle

jcp411 said:
That is what I think too. And I'm getting ready to do something about it. Law enforcement isn't. It's time we do something as citizens. These people should be shot!
I took the counterfit check to the local law approximately two weeks ago and I was told to continue playing the game til the FBI contacted me. Today I went back to the local law :mad: and they said nothing could be done because the EMail would lead no where and I was not out any money, I did not cash the check, I said excuse me I am out money, but not from the check. Well, we can not help you. Why can't they work with Western Union and catch some of these people-they are right here in the USA?

HomeGuru

bigtcattle said:
I took the counterfit check to the local law approximately two weeks ago and I was told to continue playing the game til the FBI contacted me. Today I went back to the local law :mad: and they said nothing could be done because the EMail would lead no where and I was not out any money, I did not cash the check, I said excuse me I am out money, but not from the check. Well, we can not help you. Why can't they work with Western Union and catch some of these people-they are right here in the USA?
**A: beccuse they have better things to do.

JML1976

Its so upsetting that "something" cant be done to catch these theives! Especially Western Union - they should be a bit more responsive - But these big companies could care less!
The best thing we can do to protect each other is to get these stories out there into the media, newspapers etc. In hopes to warn others and try and prevent it from happening again and again....

I have told every single person I know about my story and I plan on going to my local newspapers with the story as well....at best I have learned a hard lesson and I just hope to prevent this from happening to anyone else....

JETX

charmander said:
http://www.geocities.com/scamjokepage/ If you were a victim of any Nigerian Scam, you'll love that page.

By the way, wasn't the whole check clearing thing and issuing bank and big thing in the movie "Catch Me If You Can" ?
Why are you wasting your time posting to this forum... and wasting ours in reading and responding. Your posts have NOTHING to do with the law and are simply childish attempts at 'chatting'!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">