• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NJ - New biz need legal assist (Home repair)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hixtreme45600

I live in NJ - Southern New Jersey,

I'm interested in starting a home maintenance business just the normal winterizing and seasonal repair work. Nothing major, small fixes here and there for the home owner.
I'm just not sure where to start what steps to take. I've never done the business formation task before.

My questions are... and please let me know if I'm missing anything...

What kind of forms and paperwork will I need to fill and the cost?

Do I need to have a license of any kind?

Do I need insurance and how much will that cost me?

Can I use a PO box as business address?

Thanks in advance,
Hix

quincy

Thank you all.

was hoping to get more then a website, I don't really get it. I do appreciate your reply.
The link provided gives you access to the information you seek and will need to know to start your home-based business.

I can tell you that your business needs a valid, physical, legal address. You cannot use just a PO Box. There are ways to keep your personal home address private (e.g., having a registered agent with a physical address) but what works best for you should be discussed with a business law professional in your area.

Good luck with the formation of, and eventual operation of, your home maintenance business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">