• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Contact Information For Creditor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acemagoo61

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

Pulled all three credit reports again today, one of the companies charged for a report that did not even include any contact information from a creditor, can they do that?

I tried to contact them by phone, but the only number on the site gives a number that wants more money and doesn't allow you to talk to someone.

Another CR was missing contact information for creditors I know are not mine, when I contacted the CRA they said that not all creditors have addresses listed with them and they were not required to have them. How do I include them in bankruptcy if I don't know how to reach them? Even though they are not mine I need to nail them down so after bankruptcy I don't end up in stuck with a bunch of crap that isn't mine? Also how do they ask for verification if they don’t have their address? Also are they outsourcing there phone contact to India too?

I have also seen that companies have been pulling my report with symbols indicating that they received a full report due to they were a prospective or current creditor, I have applied for no credit, I never had any of them as a creditor and none of them are listed on a report as handling debt from another creditor or themselves. And of course no contact information. Some were not on my reports when I last pulled them in October, I have not racked up any new debt for 3 years, they do not even come close to anything that could of been passed from another creditor, I am literally seeing red :mad:

I do not want to get stuck with invalid/valid debts after bankruptcy from not listing them in the first place. Time is of the essence, how do I resolve this?

I have seen reporting rules and requirements in plain English somewhere, I just can't remember where, going through all these reports and trying to reconcile them has my head spinning.

I know things are controlled by the FCT through the FCRA, but what are the rules in plain English? The process of challenging them directly with the creditor, and the rules the creditors have to follow?

I saw this somewhere, but didn't think I needed it as my previous report seemed to have it all.

I spent $30 on a 3 in 1 report from Transunion, Transunion had all addresses and correct information for their entries, the other CR's information was a mess. So I purchased reports from Equifax and Experian at $10 a piece in hopes of getting better information. It was a waste of money.

The big important ones I know where they come from, but there is a lot of nickel and dime stuff that I don't think are valid. It is almost as if there are "creditors" out there throwing small crap onto the report in hopes I'll miss them and then use the excuse that they were on my credit report when I filed bankruptcy and I should of challenged them at that time, since I didn't, they were considered valid.

I had one collection agency pull this stunt 15 years ago, I fought them for years, I demanded proof of the obligation and was told they did not have to provide proof; I had to write letters for mortgages with otherwise perfect credit, after ten years I wrote to the Attorney General after another round with the company. All of a sudden it was sorry, it was a mistake, two weeks before they were playing hard ball trying to collect an invalid debt.

How do I handle these jokers? There are too many, I need to get the paperwork in and the BK going. I can't spend months writing back and forth trying to get correct information

Ladynred

If there are tradelines on your reports that you suspect are NOT YOURS, then you need to dispute them and also consider the possibility that you've been the victim of identity theft.

You must dipsute thru the CRA's and everything is spelled out in the Fair Credit Reporting Act. How do the CRA's verify with creditors if they have no contact info ?? Oh.. they have contact info, they have to, BUT, in far too many cases they never contact the creditor ! They 'verify' by going back to what they have on tape and if if matches, they come back with 'verfied' - believe me.. they do it this way far too often.

I wouldn't agonize over getting your reports right before you file, they're going to be a mess AFTER you file and you'll have to engage in credit repair anyway post-discharge.

IF you are filing a no-asset Ch 7, then ALL debts are considered discharged, so it really isn't a huge deal if you miss someone. There are ways to come up with addresses if you know the names.

If you don't want people pulling your reports for 'promotional' purposes, then you need to OPT-OUT with all 3 bureaus. That will stop all offers from anyone that you do not already do business with. You can opt out with all 3 with one phone call, the number is on each CRA's web site.

I'll miss them and then use the excuse that they were on my credit report when I filed bankruptcy and I should of challenged them at that time, since I didn't, they were considered valid.
Not gonna happen, being on your credit report is NOT VALID PROOF that you owe a debt !! With the rampant ID theft going on, and 70% of all credit reports containing errors, there's no way any such claim would EVER work.

Don't make this harder for yourself than it really is. Creditors don't HAVE to report, but if they do it must be ACCURATE AND VERIFIABLE.

If you want more info on disputes and credit repair, go over to www.creditboards.com.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">