• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No contact order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Marlen

My neighbor and I both have an order of protection from each other that is good for a year...what happens next? We have since moved and had not seen them since. Do we have to go back to court on the one year it is up or is it automatically cancelled on the date it is up a year? Also, is an order of protection going to show up each time a background check on me for job applications? If it does, I am seriously considering getting a lawyer if we can get that order of protection against me off my name. I think since I didn't know what I was doing and was the first time in court for anything, I should have gone in there with a lawyer instead of just trusting that the truth will set us free...I believe the judge just dismissed us by signing both our papers instead of telling us what is going on.Unfortunately , she got away with her lies and I am stuck with the paper against me for a whole year. Please let me know about the possibility if I could get rid of that paper against me. Thank you in advance.

D

Doomflame

The order of protections are null and void the day after they are supposed to terminate. There is no need to g to court. The orders of protection also do not show up on your record, so there is no worry about potential employers seeing it. If it's been over a year and you haven't went back to court for a renewal, then its completed. Which means, no more OoP, enjoy your life!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">