• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No info from Court/DA since arrested for DUI 6 months ago..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PainInTheRear

Wow!

This is really mind blowing! I had no idea. Possibly even ONE beer could get a person legally intoxicated. Say if one went to a bar and pounded a beer and then drove - they could theoretically be dui. It is so true that people feel that it is safe for them to drive after going to a bar - but really it isn't at all - ever. It is also unbelievable to me that the average joe doesn't know any of this. But people DRIVE to bars and they DRIVE home - all the time! They go to bars with the intent of drinking alcohol KNOWING they must drive home. I wish I had found this board a long time ago. The information here is really great and I wish that people KNEW this stuff before consuming alcohol and then getting on the road. Problem is is that people don't know and many people that come here for help know only because they have gotten a dui. I can't understand people getting several dui's. Once one knows the consequences - I would think that that would be enough to stop people from doing it again.
PITR

CdwJava

PainInTheRear said:
This is really mind blowing! I had no idea. Possibly even ONE beer could get a person legally intoxicated.
Physiologically, impairment generally becomes minimally measureable at about .02 BAC (thats a single drink). It is generlaly not sufficient to be LEGALLY impaired, but the body is already suffering the effects even if you do not feel it, or the officer cannot observe it.

Say if one went to a bar and pounded a beer and then drove - they could theoretically be dui.
Well, maybe. If the right set of circumstances came into play that allowed the person to visibly manifest the impairment, then, yeah.

It is also unbelievable to me that the average joe doesn't know any of this.
Yeah, they do. But, too many people seem to be in denial. I have seen far too many people slam a few back and then argue that they are just fine to drive ... and then there is MY favorite, "I drive better when I've had a few."

But people DRIVE to bars and they DRIVE home - all the time!
Silly, ain't it?

And some people wonder why officers hover around bars when looking for DUI drivers! It's kinda the same reason that duck hunters wait at ponds along the flight path of the ducks!

I wish I had found this board a long time ago.
The consept of a designated driver has been around for ... what? 25 years or so? It ain't new.

I can't understand people getting several dui's. Once one knows the consequences - I would think that that would be enough to stop people from doing it again.
PITR
Sadly, many do not learn their lesson, they onl deny it is a problem and they go right out and repeat it.

- Carl

FlyingRon

And some people wonder why officers hover around bars when looking for DUI drivers! It's kinda the same reason that duck hunters wait at ponds along the flight path of the ducks!
It's that fine legal term "shooting fish in a barrel."

Fortunately, there is no constitutional requirement for the police to be "sporting" blokes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">