• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Informed Signed Consent obtained

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Agent79734

What is the name of your state? Texas. In 2004 I was subjected to treatment at a clinic, where the P.A. told me that an "Informed Signed Consent" would be provided to me PRIOR to blood being drawn for an HIV test. [ Note: The clinic has No Signature obtained from me for any purpose, therefore a "cut and paste" thing could NOT have happened ] I was incarcerated on false charges and was released some time later. I need guidance and assistance, as I seriously plan on suing them for violations of what I understand to be HIPAA law violations. From what I have been able to decern from research, there are ? statutes which protect the "Patient" and also "Prosecute" the health care vacility. Please assist. Thanks, Rob

barry1817

Hippa Violation

Agent79734 said:
What is the name of your state? Texas. In 2004 I was subjected to treatment at a clinic, where the P.A. told me that an "Informed Signed Consent" would be provided to me PRIOR to blood being drawn for an HIV test. [ Note: The clinic has No Signature obtained from me for any purpose, therefore a "cut and paste" thing could NOT have happened ] I was incarcerated on false charges and was released some time later. I need guidance and assistance, as I seriously plan on suing them for violations of what I understand to be HIPAA law violations. From what I have been able to decern from research, there are ? statutes which protect the "Patient" and also "Prosecute" the health care vacility. Please assist. Thanks, Rob

So please explain what the difference in your care and treatment would have been if an informed consent was signed? HIPPA violations refer to revealing information without consent, not to treatment without consent.

What HIPPA standards are you alleging were violated?

[email protected]

janedoe23

They do draw blood for other tests as well and not just for HIV. If you are in a state facility I don't know what your rights are but in real time if they draw blood against your will then they are commiting assault and battery. In that case if you knew they were drawing your blood for an HIV test that you didn't give permission to then why did you let them draw blood? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">