• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-covered Medical expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Counseling

My question is ...my husbands son...my stepson, has been going to counseling since 1999. We placed him in counseling when he came to live with us after his mom left to run after an internet love. Long story short...she took her son to live with this virtual stranger for a couple of months and brought him back to live with me and his dad. She said that this man and his children were very abusive to their boy and wanted him to live with us. He came back a completely different child. so, we started him in counseling. Here it is 8 years later and he is still going to counseling...the counselor that she is sending him to is called a "medical counselor" but he is not on any kind of medication. Over half of the medical bills that she has presented to us is for counseling. would this be considered medical bills?

Update 6/6/08

My husband went to court on 5/28 with his lawyer, his ex came in pro-se...and without any proof to back up her claims for uninsured medical expenses.

She was told that since Texas isn't clear on when these medical bills should be presented...the judge will allow her to come up with the invoices durning the hour break. She was also told that now that it has been made clear to her she should now present the new medical bills in a timely manner.

That was the main victory for my husband.

After lunch, she presented the judge with excel spreadsheets and copy of checks and a couple of invoices and receipts that we gave her when she would give money for her son when he lived with us.

The judge was courious why she was wanting to be reimbursed for that....a slip on her part.

At the end...the judge told her that she would have to come up with all of the original invoices, and corresponding copies of checks proving what she paid. But...he didn't give her a time frame this time.

Could this go on forever??? It just confuses me that their divorce papers clearly states that they have 10 days to present/pay the bills. :eek:

hi alissa, my husband is going through something similar. his ex is threatening him with medical bills and she has never given him any bills in the 10 day time period either. we met with a lawyer the other day, and he said that dh could be on the hook for some of the bills regardless of the time period. why, i don't know, but i thought i would let you know that we got the same answer. it doesn't seem right, why even put the 10 part in the decree then?

good luck to you and your husband.

Thanks. Sorry to hear that you and hubby are going through the same situation. Plus he are taking her to court for withholding visitation for 8 weeks. I just wonder what her excuse will be for that? We are betting that she will say he is too busy with band practice or that my husband owes arrears...which he is paying...but after reading in here for some time now...neither of them will fly with the judge. I already know that there is going to a different judge for this case...I wished that it would be the same one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">