• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Renewal Notice - Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hello. My current insurance company will not be renewing my auto insurance because of my recent driving history.

They ran the report through LexisNexis Risk Solutions, Inc.

Report showed 3 Accidents:

3/20/2015

2/04/2014

5/14/2013

Only the recent one was another vehicle involved. The other 2 were hit to still objects. I guess all 3 would be labelled At-Faults.

I am getting very high premium quotes elsewhere. They are around $200 a month. I am paying about $104 now.

Any advice?

Can my brother put me on his insurance as a second driver? How does that work?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hello. My current insurance company will not be renewing my auto insurance because of my recent driving history.

They ran the report through LexisNexis Risk Solutions, Inc.

Report showed 3 Accidents:

3/20/2015

2/04/2014

5/14/2013

Only the recent one was another vehicle involved. The other 2 were hit to still objects. I guess all 3 would be labelled At-Faults.

I am getting very high premium quotes elsewhere. They are around $200 a month. I am paying about $104 now.

Any advice?

Can my brother put me on his insurance as a second driver? How does that work?
My advice is that you can keep shopping around for the lowest rate and then pay it.

ETA: After reading your history, I'm going to amend my advice. I would suggest that you stop driving and invest in a bus pass. Your record is atrocious.

Just Blue

My advice is that you can keep shopping around for the lowest rate and then pay it.

ETA: After reading your history, I'm going to amend my advice. I would suggest that you stop driving and invest in a bus pass. Your record is atrocious.
Apparently the entire LIFE of OP is atrocious per the Thread Hx. :(

I have been price shopping for about 5 companies. They are about the same rate. Give or take $20.

I also do not want just liability either just to pay less.

Apparently the entire LIFE of OP is atrocious per the Thread Hx. :(
The good news that is working for me is that most insurance look at pass 3 years so 1 of my record will fall off. That should help.

What do you suggest? Also, it would be wise to do a 6 month premium, stay accident free then shop around to get lower right?

Just Blue

The good news that is working for me is that most insurance look at pass 3 years so 1 of my record will fall off. That should help.

What do you suggest? Also, it would be wise to do a 6 month premium, stay accident free then shop around to get lower right?
Howz about you stay "accident free" for the next 40 years? ;)

Howz about you stay "accident free" for the next 40 years? ;)
I actually had a streak going from age 15 to 30. 15 years. These last 3 years have been the worse ever though. Only 1 involved a driver. I guess if you hit an still object on the road, it is considered at fault automatically.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
This is a legal advice forum. You are not seeking legal advice and you are not asking legal questions.

You are a bad driver and need to get as low a rate as you can on your auto insurance - THIS IS NOT A LEGAL ISSUE.

If you want to shop for insurance go to an insurance broker or search online with the search engine of your choice. Your issue does not belong HERE.

ecmst12

You are a terrible driver and your record reflects it. You are not going to get lower rates, you haven't earned them. Pick a company and stick with it. If you can keep a clean record for a few years, your premium will lower over time. Most companies also offer loyalty discounts so while shopping around isn't a bad idea, you'll probably do best by sticking with one company unless you're unhappy with them for some reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">