• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not exactly a DWI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dkm1000uncw

What is the name of your state?NC
I was pulled over the other night. The cop smelled alcohol and gave me a breathalyzer. I blew very low but I am only 18 so it didn't matter. I was very polite and cooperative and obviously not inebriated so he did not charge me with a DWI (G.S. 20-138.1). Instead, he charged me with "Driving while the defendant has remaining in his body alcohol previously consumed, and the defendant is less than 21 years of age." (G.S. 20-138.3). I was wondering what the main difference was between these two and what is going to happen. I know I deserve punishment but I just started college and I have a good job and no one to drive me there. If I lose my license, what is the process of applying for limited driving privileges? Does everyone who meets the criteria get the limited driving privileges? Must be 18, 19, or 20 and never been convicted of an offense like a DWI or what I recieved. I meet both of these. Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">