• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not fair!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marcia

I am hispanic, and have been working in this place for four years,and I have been a supervisor for 2 1/2 years (in the same place), last year there was an opportunity for me to move to the morning shift,after I asked my manager they just ignored me and gave it to someone with just 6 months(an american). I was never given an explanation about it. Now my manager has been sick for 3 weeks, and I have been taking care of things, I asked for a raise or compensation, but haven't got an answer.
I just found out that a recently hire person that helps me,(also american) but is not responsible for anything, gets paid salary pay, Is this fair.

A

Attorney_Replogle

As you know, an employer (in a non-union shop) can promote anyone they want, unless they have a company policy that says otherwise. However, an employer is not allowed to promote someone (or pay them more money) simply because they are of a race or national origin that the employer likes. Of course the difficult part for most discriminated employees is to show proof that the reason for not being promoted or paid more is based on an unlawful basis such as race or national origin. Still, you should consult an employment law attorney near you to get a second opinion. You can find one at (url=https://attorneypages.com]attorneypages.com[/url].

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">