• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not Kosher

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

weir

Greetings,

I recently answered an ad for a 1 bd. apt for my mom(NY). After showing me the apt and agreeing to terms, this r/e agent had me sign an application to get things rolling. Because I am representing my mother in this matter (she is a sr. cit. and somewhat physically disabled) he requested what I thought to be excessive personal info.

i.e. - my federal return, copies of both driver licences, copies of her investment statements, both social security numbers, make model and yr of her car etc.

Suspicions: This fellow's office consisted of a table and a copier. His bus. card claims he's licensed but there is no number on it or anywhere posted in his office. He will not give me info on the owner until credit search is done. He says he needs all the info because my mother hasn't worked in years nor has she ever rented.

Questions: Are my suspicions justified? Is there any backround check I can do on this guy? Is it customary to ask him about his backround or can it blow the deal?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Confidential to Home Guru: You're thinking of my buddy Phil Lesh, I played guitar.

Cheers.

HomeGuru

Ok deadhead, this guy can basically ask for any such documents that he wants to as long as he does not discriminate by asking for your baptismal certificate because he only wants to rent to Christians, SS #'s of all your kids because he does not want to rent to families with kids etc.

If you feel that you don't trust they guy then keep looking er rather Keep on Truckin. We want Mom in a good place with good people to deal with.

Signed,
Quicksilver Messenger Service

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">