• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of right to review CS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Exsisto

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I got a Notice of right to request review of child support order in the mail. I guess this is what the ex has been talking about what he gets every few months. I asked him to give me copies of these since I have never seen this sort of thing before. About two weeks later I get one in the mail.

I have all the information they need but since I have a bank account that is in my name only but we never took my name off of the joint account with my husband, even though I don't use it (like that matters) I will need to provide bank statements for that as well.

Will this make them count my husband's income in with mine for the modification?

No, it won't.

It might lead to some inquiries as to all of the large CASH deposits that you have been making into that account, though!

If you truly never use the joint account, you might want to consider having yourself removed from the account. Many couples find a joint account more convenient for the household budget...other couples (especially those with individual financial issues) prefer to manage separate accounts and then contribute toward joint obligations from those accounts.

Why does your Support Enforcement agency review so often? Is previous state aid involved?

Exsisto

Inquiry123 said:
No, it won't.

It might lead to some inquiries as to all of the large CASH deposits that you have been making into that account, though!

- All the large cash deposits don't exsist. Large deposits are my husband's paychecks.

If you truly never use the joint account, you might want to consider having yourself removed from the account.

- I truly never put money in or take money out. I have cashed my own check and put the cash into my own account to make sure the deposit goes through before midnight. We kept my name on the account for just in case purposes which has been "I need such and such, I get paid tomorrow can I borrow a few bucks?".

Many couples find a joint account more convenient for the household budget...other couples (especially those with individual financial issues) prefer to manage separate accounts and then contribute toward joint obligations from those accounts.

- The money I make goes for my bills and take care of the computers in the house as well as everything my son needs and I do the mid-week grocery run and little items like a new shower curtain and cleaning products for the house but my husband takes care of the household bills.

Why does your Support Enforcement agency review so often? Is previous state aid involved?

-State Aid was involved for one year in 1995-1996. There hasn't been a review since, my ex told me he got these reviews every few months. I asked for copies since I have never seen one. Just like when he stated he paid for medical costs for our son which I have no knowledge of I asked for proof of that, never materialized.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">