• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nrakk81 why did you close your thread?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nextwife

" Question What is "fair" in alimony?
What is the name of your state? Kentucky
After 25 years of marriage my husband wants a divorce. I stayed home and raised our children during the first 15 years of our marriage, and have only worked the past 10 years. His job has relocated us to 4 states during those 10 years, so I've not had more than 2 years at any of my receptionist/secretarial jobs. He makes + $100,000 vs my $22,000. I've been told I should be entitled to about 1/2 his income, but don't want to be greedy or have more than my share. How do you determine what is "fair"?"

Seems she thinks that what is fair is her keeping ALL of her income and also getting half of his!

nrakk81

Not sure how this worked

I only asked how "fair" is determined because I didn't agree with what I'd been told and it didn't seem fair to me. All I am asking from him is enough support combined with my income to meet all monthly bills and help provide a place to live for our son until he graduates. I didn't realize asking a question would get me verbally clobbered! Guess that is what happens when seeking free advice. As for the thread being closed, I couldn't begin to tell you. Sorry.

Silverplum

I only asked how "fair" is determined because I didn't agree with what I'd been told and it didn't seem fair to me. All I am asking from him is enough support combined with my income to meet all monthly bills and help provide a place to live for our son until he graduates. I didn't realize asking a question would get me verbally clobbered! Guess that is what happens when seeking free advice. As for the thread being closed, I couldn't begin to tell you. Sorry.
So you want him to continue to support you. "All monthly bills"...that's what you consider to be "fair." :rolleyes:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Depending on the age of the child and whether or not you got custody of him, you would receive child support. However child support should not be considered as income to pay all the bills. You should truthfully be looking at budgeting and downsizing your expenses. If you can't afford the house you shouldn't keep the house. If you can't afford to drive a BMW, drive a Saturn. And so on and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">