• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nuisance Neighbors and we're getting the eviction notice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mommy2Ryder

Have you looked into the volume level of your TV or radio? Sometimes people just don't realize how much noise they are creating.
I have always checked my sound levels, we hardly ever watch television to begin with and I don't even own a radio. We work, and generally stay on the computer afterwards. My son has games on here, and he watches his Baby Einstein DVD's. I care if they hear me or not, or are disturbed by any noise we may create. They have they never complained about our noise, nor has the other tenants next to us, and we have 2 Golden Retrievers and the baby. The dogs hardly ever bark, and when they do they are hushed, and immediately stop. They are well behaved and well trained. That is my point plain and simple. They are doing this intentionally, why, I don't know. However we should be allies in getting the landlord to do what needs to be done so this isn't an issue for anyone. Instead it's a 3-way fight, that I apparently seem to be losing. We have done everything we were asked, and all that we have asked in return is for the peace and quiet we are legally entitled to. To be able to sleep, and my son sleep, to be able to take my dogs outside without theirs attacking mine. My dogs, who are on leashes, and theirs who are not. I want to feel safe in my own home, not hear talk coming down the pipelines about owning guns, with a criminal record, and an anger management issue. Without hearing the "F" and "N" words dropped so casually like he's saying hello or good morning. I fail to see how asking for what I am legally entitled to do, which is enjoy my home, is asking too much?

Last edited:

Alaska landlord

You have a point, however withholding rent without properly following state guidelines will adversely affect your case. You should pay the rent and move. You have no idea if the landlord has taken measures with the other tenants. Even if he didn't he can claim he did. You on the other hand are in default.

Mommy2Ryder

Thank you. That's my question, well one of them anyway, in our lease it states the provisions for partial payment etc in this case its only $72. Does the lease itself negate Utah State Courts website saying you must pay in full? These are all questions I'm sure the lawyer will answer tomorrow, I'm just trying to go in knowing something and somewhat where I stand.

Mommy2Ryder

Updated:

What are the ramifications of us sharing a utility line? Aren't apartments supposed to have their own. We pay a flat $75 for utilities, albeit, a good deal. However what if we use less than the $75 and they use more? Or vice versa? We don't even have a separate address, and barely a separate entrance.
I found this post about separating utilities, is this accurate?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/landlord-tenant-issues-42/paying-other-tenants-utilities-83341.html
Must a landlord have separate lines for each apartment? The fact they control my heat and I went all night without yet again, just infuriates me. For the simple fact, yet again, I have a young son.
Are these things that need to be disclosed before renting?
I have text messages and saved voicemails of all the times we have complained to the landlord about all the issues, most importantly the heat. He installed a new heater even though he was told by the installers it was not the heater itself, it was the control issue upstairs. And the fact there is only one vent in the entire main living area of the apartment, and something about no return air vents. The fact they just literally cut a whole for downstairs and did not separate them was another issue. Which also contributes greatly for the noise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">