• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY child support case question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

natty103

Case was filed 2022 and just ended. During the beginning of my case, i had a lawyer but in the middle they ended up selling their law firm. The new group did not show up to my next court date (in 2023) and told me i didn't have to show up. The non custodial party also did not show up. Case was dismissed and my lawyer filed a petition and admitted their mistake and my i didn't show up because they told me not to and the case was re instated, Again they never showed up to court during my next court date so i ended up representing myself. The magistrate said that law firm has messed up a lot of people because they just stopped showing up for their people. I submitted child care receipts i could find which was all private pay through cash so i had a had writing receipt. Last year he was also order to pay a temporary child support order. The final order also says after the monthly payments, I have to submit child care receipt so the non custodial party can pay their share.

The other party just objected to the magistrate ruling requesting my child care expenses be canceled because its hand written receipts without names or address. Also the retroactive pay should not go back to when case was filed but when it was dismissed in 2023. Lastly they are also claiming the magistrate did not take away the money he paid during the temporary order. During our last court date, i was asked if he has been paying and i said yes but he doesn't follow the timeline.

my question is does he have a stand to get the child care canceled? out of curiously what should the child care receipts consist of if its a private pay or I'm paying via cash? should i do money order? how else can i prove it? Should i get a lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">