• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

O/T: 2009 New Years Resolutions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtClerk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Everywhere....

So, here's the Second Annual Free Advice List your New Year's Resolutions here thread. We'll revisit the thread mid year to see how you've done.

So... let's hear it. What are your New Years Resolutions this year? If you posted last year, a whole year has passed. How did you do on those and are you repeating any?

Happy New Year, peace, prosperity and blessings to you all

-CC

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Did not do that well last year but this year here is what I promise myself:

To yell less.

To eat healthier.

To exercise more.

To cherish my family more each day.

To spend quality and quantity time with loved ones.

To travel (I did that last year -- drove the East Coast and got stuck in a little WV town) more.

To help others.

To grow love.

To say I love you more to those I do.

To not procrastinate on the important things in life and live each day to the fullest.

CARPE DIEM!

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Organization. Physically, intellectually, financially--everything. My job, my health, my house, my money. Everything. Tomorrow I'm going to make a list of twelve things in my life that need attention, and I'm going to devote one month to each, getting it organized, and taking control of it.

And floss more.

Gracie3787

Here's the resolutions I posted last year:

1. get my spare/storage room cleaned out.

2. walk my dogs more often. (I've gotton lazy, I exercise them by taking them out in the yard at nite and letting them chase a laser lite)

3. get my hair cut, it is waay too long for a grandma.

4. not go overboard buying frilly baby clothes for my grandaughter.

5. be more understanding of my husband's moods (men can have "bad hair days too).

6. spend more time with my parents.

and last, but far from least:
7. quit smoking in 23 minutes.

I did real well, except the smoking. It took awhile, but I quit 3 weeks ago, and am doing great. Already I feel better and I don't wheeze anymore.

For 2009, my only resolution is to not let lttle things get me down, and to continue to not smoke.

Isis1

i'm too lazy to look up the old thread to see what my resolutions was....i'll do it later

resolution one...to not procrastinate

oh crude....

1) not get pregnant again this year. i have been literally pregnant for 3 years straight!!! i am sick to death of it!!

2) to encourage my 10 year old to make it to the 5th grade where he is supposed to be before the second semester starts.

3) to pay more loving attention to my patient loving husband now that all of the stupid stuff in my life is sorted out.

4) to find a real honest to goodness stay at home job so i can have some income.

5) to look good in a bikini this summer for the first time in my life before my boobs fall past my knees.

6) to enroll in school to be a paralegal.

Number 1 status: so i didn't get pregnant again....it really helps when you are on birth control and not having sex.

Number 2 status: son's therapist said to stop pushing son to skip a grade up. too many other factors going on...so i had to let that one go. for now, anyway.

Number 3 status: yeah....about that....no comment

Number 4 status: not happened yet. still working on that

Number 5 status: i lost weight, and gained it back.....darn birth control!!

Number 6 status: i finally decided on what college to attend. working on a student loan.

Antigone*

To eat healthier

To get a check-up

To take the time to take a family vacation

Be okay with a B in a class, especially if it means that I spent more time with my husband, step son and daughters.

Remember to thank the Lord for Everything no matter what!!!

cyjeff

Mine would be to take to heart the best piece of advice I received...

Make a plan for your life.
Realize that God has also made a plan for your life....

Know that God's plan is better than your plan.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Okay, I changed my resolution to "buy an electric razor because replacement razor blades are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive, and why the heck is our shaving cream more expensive than mens'?"

Done.

See you next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">