• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

O/T: New Years Resolutions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CourtClerk

Let's hear it guys... what are yours?

List the ones you already know aren't going to happen too!

I resolve to:

Lose some weight
Be a little nicer to people (ok.. some people)
Save more money
Make more money
Go this whole year without buying a new car
Grow my hair out
Go 1 straight week without yelling at anyone or losing my temper (my best friend bet me I couldn't do it)

TinkerBelleLuvr

Get a better job (that pays way more money)

Lose the weight I found here in the sunny south ...

Not let a certain someone get under my skin ...

See my kids out west ...

Unclutter my house ...

Gracie3787

1. get my spare/storage room cleaned out.

2. walk my dogs more often. (I've gotton lazy, I exercise them by taking them out in the yard at nite and letting them chase a laser lite)

3. get my hair cut, it is waay too long for a grandma.

4. not go overboard buying frilly baby clothes for my grandaughter.

5. be more understanding of my husband's moods (men can have "bad hair days too).

6. spend more time with my parents.

and last, but far from least:
7. quit smoking in 23 minutes.

Now for the ones I might not do- # 1. will take awhile, but it'll get done.
#4 is very iffy, but I'm gonna try real hard.

The others, especially # 7 is gonna be easy 'cause I'm going to let my stubborn side take over.;)

Happy new year y'all. Gotta go smoke my last 2 cigarettes before 12:00.

carofl93

1. Quit smoking by the end of 2008. Hubby and I are doing the gradual stepdown together.
2. Not gain the weight caused by replacing cigs with food.
3. Keep being the good stepmom, not dealing with the parental issues.
4. Replace the curse words with better choices.

I actually think the hardest one is going to be number 4. I set myself up with a Quitnet account and the hubby and I will be each other's support with the smoking. Number 3's been happening for over a year now, but I gotta remind myself to keep it going.

Hope you all have a safe night :eek:)

frylover

Keep my house straight

Keep up with my schoolwork (am a teacher!)

execise (don't really need to lose weight, but am in terrible shape!)

Get our bedroom and bathroom and kids bathroom redone

Reduce our debt!

AND I probably won't do any of them!:rolleyes:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My resolutions:
Spend more time with family;
Perfect the ratio between work and home (close the office at 4:30 every night when the courts close);
Lose weight;
Eat healthy;
Give up the majority of sugar;
Go on vacation at least once this coming year;
Travel more for fun and enjoyment;
Smile more.

hmmmm...

To get into the shower before 7:00 am on work days so that our mornings aren't rushed

To always wake my baby with a smile on my face

Finish what I start

See mom more

By the end of '08 I'd like to see myself styling my hair (get rid of the BUN) and maybe even start wearing makeup again... NAHHHHHHHH (2nd one won't happen...hahha why resolve to do what I don't wanna do)

Just Blue

To get into the shower before 7:00 am on work days so that our mornings aren't rushed

To always wake my baby with a smile on my face

Finish what I start

See mom more

By the end of '08 I'd like to see myself styling my hair (get rid of the BUN) and maybe even start wearing makeup again... NAHHHHHHHH (2nd one won't happen...hahha why resolve to do what I don't wanna do)
OMG! You are me!!! Sans bun...:p

H

Hannah13

1. get my spare/storage room cleaned out.

2. walk my dogs more often. (I've gotton lazy, I exercise them by taking them out in the yard at nite and letting them chase a laser lite)

3. get my hair cut, it is waay too long for a grandma.

4. not go overboard buying frilly baby clothes for my grandaughter.

5. be more understanding of my husband's moods (men can have "bad hair days too).

6. spend more time with my parents.

and last, but far from least:
7. quit smoking in 23 minutes.

Now for the ones I might not do- # 1. will take awhile, but it'll get done.
#4 is very iffy, but I'm gonna try real hard.

The others, especially # 7 is gonna be easy 'cause I'm going to let my stubborn side take over.;)

Happy new year y'all. Gotta go smoke my last 2 cigarettes before 12:00.

Happy New Year to you all...

Gracie...here is what I have done
I made a promise/a deal with God that if I win my case...You know those "deals" when you think you are drowning yet when you get to shore you forget about your promise?? Well I didn't.

stock up on sugarless suckers. Sugar by the way increases the urge...(most of the "habit" is the hand to mouth) fruit juice or even a sippy cup if you have to.
Nocorette gum is an absolute must. The patch doesn't give you that satisfaction of "doing the deed" to unwrap a piece of gum is "something" (don't balk at the price, although pricey for gum you will think? Think of the alternative. We have been spending nearly $5.00 a day on cigarettes??? This is $30.00 a week, more trips to the doctor for illness (as we would be healthier not smoking) then there is the missed days of work possibly not to mention standing outside in the freezing weather to keep it away from the family and the co-workers. Then imagine how our clothes would never smell like that again. Not need to use the dentist regularly to whiten our teeth...and that expense alone 3 times a year.

Last...if you are having trouble on your own???...have an appointment lined up with a hypnotherapist. Line it up for a week later for total backup. Cost $200 (a lousy days pay)They do work for most. The problem is you have to really WANT to. I tried this once before and did not make it past the consult. I actually told the doctor that the reason I wanted this was that I did NOT want to quit but knew I needed to and I needed him to make me want to??? That was 2 yrs. ago...The actual addiction portion of nicotein is gone they say in just 4 days...the HABIT is the part that is hard. Oh...last but not least (prayer):)
Good luck.

This year I resolve to take my lunch to work and save the money I waste eating out;:eek:

Be more understanding when people disappoint me;:)

Draw some clear boundaries in the unhealthy areas of my life;:cool:

Save enough money that I need not be dependant on a man (hard to do with MDB but I WILL do it this year!);:eek:

Learn to play the piano so I can write the music for my lyrics;:rolleyes:

2008 is going to be SOOOOO MUUUCCCHHH BETTER!:D

Well, he doesn't give it away! But with MDB's life threatening illness, I haven't made a full check all of 2007! So since I do sick duty, he pays bills. All my pay goes to MDB medical bills and insurance. Good man considering he's SD.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">