• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

O/T Newbies sticky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimberlywrites

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Seems to me most newbies are not reading the sticky that OG generously took time to write out.

I think it needs a new title, something more eye-catching, so maybe people will read it. Like a newspaper headline! Like: READ OR BE DELETED.
Then, all newbies have to provide the secret code that they can only obtain by in fact reading the newbie post! Without the code, they can't post!
damn I'm good.:D

Antigone*

Seems to me most newbies are not reading the sticky that OG generously took time to write out.

I think it needs a new title, something more eye-catching, so maybe people will read it. Like a newspaper headline! Like: READ OR BE DELETED.
Then, all newbies have to provide the secret code that they can only obtain by in fact reading the newbie post! Without the code, they can't post!
Nice thought but it would never happen. We can continue to refer the posters to the stickie but that is it.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Reading the sticky isn't meant to be mandatory. If I recall, not even the suggestions in the sticky are actually requirements. They're certainly helpful, but forcing people to read it doesn't really serve any practical purpose.

kimberlywrites

Reading the sticky isn't meant to be mandatory. If I recall, not even the suggestions in the sticky are actually requirements. They're certainly helpful, but forcing people to read it doesn't really serve any practical purpose.
I believe it does, because when people post "us" and "we" and "bio" - they get raked over the coals before they will even begin to get legal advice.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I believe it does, because when people post "us" and "we" and "bio" - they get raked over the coals before they will even begin to get legal advice.
Whether or not to rake someone over the coals for saying "we" is a personal choice made by those who respond. There's nothing in the terms of service for this site that prohibit any particular pronoun. I, for one, don't really care but a lot of posters do (and I understand why). In that case, they can point the OP to the sticky, or they can rake them over the coals, or they can calmly and politely explain why the OP should change their perspective from "we". If the problem you're trying to alleviate is the point at which an OP starts getting "raked over the coals", maybe we just need a second sticky: "Seniors Please Read".

iluvtommy

That 'splains my empty thread!

Thanks! I have read the rules and I am guilty of using terminology that is a little vague. I did so though as people involved in the case might read these forums too! Sorry and duly noted.:eek:

ecmst12

No, your thread is empty because you used the preview button which is broken. But it's good that you have now read the sticky before you try posting again.

iluvtommy

That is seriously helpful

...to know the preview button is broken. I will repost without previewing and hopefully get some help. Thanks.

LdiJ

I've never had a problem if I preview. I wonder if it's because I'm using Chrome?
I have no idea...I just know that its a common problem. I don't have a lot of problems that other regulars have because I use Internet Explorer...I can access all of the other features with that, but the preview function doesn't work properly.

BL

Seems like other forums have there stickies , some by admin., some by moderators, some by self proclaim do it my way or no way - do not follow that poster's advice ,forum members.

The rules of the forums are usually spelled out somewhere.

That's all that counts ,and there's the iggy feature.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">