• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Objective Truth vs. Personal Opinion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trwthlark

They are not a forum for resolving private disputes.
Just to clarify, like I said, this is not a private issue.

One more question, if I may. Provided that the problem concerns the entire US, would it be sufficient to relate the problem to the State Congress of New York or I should try to convince the US Congress of the importance for such hearings to be held so that members of the US Congress can better understand the issue at hand and decide what, if any, legislation might be needed to address that issue? By the way, the other party is not a person but is an organization of substantial impact.

quincy

What is your legal dispute?

If you are considering Congressional hearings and this is a matter of national concern, you are not looking to keep the dispute a secret, right?

I do not think this forum is the proper place for your issue. I recommend you consult with an attorney in New York for advice and direction.

trwthlark

trwthlark, please tell us exactly what your dispute is over and let us know exactly how you think a legal forum can be of assistance.

Thanks.
I'm sorry @quincy to be so vague but the problem is somewhat complicated and I don't want to get entangled in technicalities. I just want to know the principles that would lead to resolving a dispute concerning an unusually unequivocal fact, which society is prevented from knowing.

trwthlark

I think this legal forum is already of assistance. @Taxing Matters gave very good instructions as to the direction which should be sought to find solution to the problem. I need to know some details as to the steps I should undertake.

quincy

I'm sorry @quincy to be so vague but the problem is somewhat complicated and I don't want to get entangled in technicalities. I just want to know the principles that would lead to resolving a dispute concerning an unusually unequivocal fact, which society is prevented from knowing.
Fair enough.

I can tell you that not talking publicly about this "unusually unequivocal fact" also prevents society from knowing.

You should seek assistance from a lawyer in your state.

Good luck.

quincy

Correct me if I'm wrong but attorneys do not deal with the US Congress.
What is your legal issue?

All you have told us is that you have a fact that some entity thinks is an opinion.

I recommend you talk to an attorney in your area. What you say to the attorney will remain confidential. Or, if you want Congress to address this "fact" that is of utmost importance, speak to your Congressman.

Good luck.

Last edited:

trwthlark

What is your legal issue?
As it became clear, my issue is quasi-legal issue; that is , dealing with the US Congress. An attorney cannot help in this but who can? Besides, I still don't understand if dealing with the New York Congress would be sufficient, since the issue concerns the entire US, or I should go straight to the US Congress.

trwthlark

Because you are reluctant to disclose any information here, we cannot provide you with direction.
I don't see how getting into the details would help the matter in any way. The whole matter, at the end of the day, is about inclusion of one sentence in the legislation of the US Congress. Who can hep in that? I don't know how much a legal forum can help in that but, when I think about it, this is ultimately the issue. My thinking is that because the US Congress makes the laws of the land, a legal forum must have something to do with it. I'm not a lawyer, obviously, but that connection doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but attorneys do not deal with the US Congress.
Many of the lobbyists in Washington who work to convince members of Congress to support or oppose legislation are lawyers.

Whether your issue is one that is best addressed by the New York Assembly (which is what New York's legislature is called, rather than a Congress) or by the U.S. Congress depends on what that issue is. As you are unwilling to tell us what that is, I cannot help you with suggestions on what to or the best place to resolve it. I don't know why you are so reluctant to do that when you evidently are willing to take it to the Assembly or Congress and by doing that make it public anyway. Given that New York is currently in a legal battle with the NRA I might guess that your issue may be with that organization, but that is only a rather wild guess. In any event, if it is legislation you seek, you'll need to drum up some support for whatever legislation it is you want passed.

trwthlark

if it is legislation you seek, you'll need to drum up some support for whatever legislation it is you want passed
The issue is far more important to the USA than NRA and is by no means anything secretive but I just don't want to divert the conversation into discussing it, which will be inevitable. I just need to understand the principle of how to proceed.

How to hire a lobbyist is something pretty unclear to me. Also, it probably requires spending of substantial funds which I don't possess. I'd rather try to convince the US Congress myself somehow, that the inclusion of the mentioned one sentence is needed, and here is where it gets sticky wicket. Your point of drumming up support is well taken and this is exactly where this mediation problem in the OP kicks in. If I can somehow produce before the US Congress a written statement, as a result of such mediation, that what I claim is objective truth and not just my opinion, this may be drumming up more support than any other way that I can think of, because the other party, the party that has made a written statement that what I claim is my personal opinion, is probably the most influential world organization. So, we're back to square one -- negotiations need to be initiated with this organization to resolve the conflict and reach a mutual understanding expressed in a written document that the claim concerns an objective fact, a truth, and is not just personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">