• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Officer enter wrong State on speeding ticket for Name & Address section; License; and Vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VADriver7

What is the name of your state? Virginia (Fairfax Co.)

Ticket is for 15-19 over limit (51 in a 35).
Officer wrote down (or the computer printout did, rather) wrong State on the ticket for name & address section; my license; and vehicle.
He also wrote down wrong year for vehicle, which was also a rental.
All other info on the ticket is correct.
I have an excellent record - no points ("+5").

Am planning to go the traffic court, would like any ideas on how to handle it to see if it can be reduce/dismissed.

Thanks

FlyingRon

The state name is a non-issue. The info on the citation means nothing in court really.

I'd got to court and if the officer is there, plead guilty, point out you are +5 and ask if you can get the fine reduced or if the conviction be waived in lieu of VADIP. Last time I was in Loudoun court, they through out all the fine except for the "court costs" (reduced it roughly to $52). Last time I was in the Fairfax GDC, the judge was a bastard and didn't reduce squat (it was an inspection ticket and I had proof of compliance).

VADriver7

Thanks for your reply. I went to court today and pled guilty. Because I had excellent record the judge reduced it to 9 over the limit and $35 fine. Plus court costs it came to $102. Better than the 15-19 over the limit charge!

Just Blue

Thanks for your reply. I went to court today and pled guilty. Because I had excellent record the judge reduced it to 9 over the limit and $35 fine. Plus court costs it came to $102. Better than the 15-19 over the limit charge!
Congrats! Go forth and speed no more.... :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">