• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Officer leaves job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DAS

What is the name of your state? Western South Dakota
Several members here had answer my post back in late summer through fall.
I had 2 counts of disorderly conduct, I was given great advice even though some wasn't what I wanted to hear I took it all in.
I went to court with my pictures, videos and a lawyer per all your advice and left out things I couldn't prove (per all of your advice)
I won - both counts were dismissed.
Question: The officer who tried to pin me with the two counts lied on the stand, we have him conflicting himself on the stand under oath. We have him admitting that he never read me my rights and proceeded to ask me questions. He stated that I admitted to these offenses and yet one of the witnesses for the ex-cop who made the citizen arrest (his son) said it never happened. I always stated it never happened. My lawyer was fantastic. Now without really nailing the officer , my lawyer went after the ex-cop who file the complaint against me.
We wanted to file a complaint against the cop but after our verdict came down he quit the force. As he went past us in the store he said to my wife and I. Give me six months and I'll be back on the force. Can we still file a complaint against him our lawyer says since he left not to worry about it.
Also, it was stated by the ex-cop if I was found not quilty he was going to keep "doing it to us" because "he would really like to own our property" Is there anything I can do? Our complaints get lost even though we have copies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">