• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ohio Abandoned Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ohs2

Ohio

I let my sons ex girlfriend store her belongings in my house last December, and she did stay with us for a little until February, since April I have been asking her to remove her belongings, in July I sent it certified mail asking her to remove her belongings within thirty days. If she does not remove them am I able to dispose of her property she was given notice. I have work to get done in my basement and need her stuff removed.

quincy

Ohio

I let my sons ex girlfriend store her belongings in my house last December, and she did stay with us for a little until February, since April I have been asking her to remove her belongings, in July I sent it certified mail asking her to remove her belongings within thirty days. If she does not remove them am I able to dispose of her property she was given notice. I have work to get done in my basement and need her stuff removed.
Yes.

As long as you sent her a notice to remove her property within 30 days, you can dispose of her property after that time.

You might want to make a list of her property that is currently in your possession and/or photograph the items and, although not necessary, you could give her a final notice one week before you dispose of the property.

ohs2

Yes she was sent a notice 30 days prior and I sent out another notice (reminder) about two weeks ago. Thank you very much for the answer.

quincy

Yes she was sent a notice 30 days prior and I sent out another notice (reminder) about two weeks ago. Thank you very much for the answer.
It sounds like you have done everything right then, ohs2. :)

I hope you have free space in your basement soon.

Thanks for the thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">