• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ohio mobile home park rules

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohio. We have a rule that states window AC units must be boxed. They do not make them for window ac's? They make them for Through the Wall AC units that look like window units. These through the wall units could be used as window units but not the other way around. Normal window units have air grills on both sides of the unit. The box would allow no extra security as it is made to pass through a wall, not hang out the window? 2 different ac repairmen told me a window ac would burn out in one of those boxes, very quickly, (no proper air flow for side vents). Can they demand we buy all new units? can they demand we install something that is not sold in stores? thank you. these are brand new owners, investment group that left fracking and are buying every single mobile home park in northern Ohio. (trying to at least)

adjusterjack

They can obviously demand anything they want. Whether there is any legal clout behind the demand remains to be seen.

Start with your space rental agreement or lease and see what it says about your rights and obligations with regard to obeying park rules.

If that doesn't answer your question, read the Ohio Mobile Home Park statutes. The relationship between park owner and tenant starts at 4781.37.

https://law.justia.com/codes/ohio/2017/title-47/chapter-4781/
If that still doesn't answer your question, you and other like minded residents have the option of chipping in for an attorney to advise you. Perhaps a tenant coalition may keep the new owners at bay.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If a window AC is also made to fit in the sleeve (that's the actual term), then it won't burn out if used in that sleeve.

xylene

Is this a fancy way of saying, NO WINDOW AIR CONDITIONERS

Because they can legally prohibit window air conditioners.

LdiJ

Is this a fancy way of saying, NO WINDOW AIR CONDITIONERS

Because they can legally prohibit window air conditioners.
In a mobile home that would likely mean prohibiting all air conditioners. One certainly cannot put central air in a mobile home and I would think that in wall AC's couldn't be put in unless it was done at the factory level.

xylene

In a mobile home that would likely mean prohibiting all air conditioners. One certainly cannot put central air in a mobile home and I would think that in wall AC's couldn't be put in unless it was done at the factory level.
That would not ban wall mount (which they want) , roof mount or mini splits, or central.

Gail in Georgia

Central air can be installed in most mobile homes, no matter the age. Much would depend on the type of furnace present.

At any rate, the OP needs to make sure "boxed" doesn't really mean "sleeved" which would meet the requirements and still provide the needed air flow.

Gail

justalayman

One most definately can put central air into a mobile home at least as long as it has a central heating system that uses airflow to distribute the heat. If it uses ducted air, you can install central AC

Last edited:

justalayman

Yes, you can. There are various types. Split systems and packaged heat pumps. The ductwork is already there for the heating system.
And I even had forgotten about the mini split systems. You could put a mini split in a cardboard box if you wanted to.

To clarify

The typical system installed is a split system. It puts a evaporator coil in the existing ducted heat system. A mini split uses a small inside unit that contains its own fan. That unit typically mounts on a wall. You can use a mini split to cool more than one room by installing a evap unit in whatever room you want to cool but the typical install is just a single inside unit.

justalayman

But how do you box a through the wall unit? You cannot block the airflow for those either. All ac units need free airflow wherever the vents are to work properly.

They can obviously demand anything they want. Whether there is any legal clout behind the demand remains to be seen.

Start with your space rental agreement or lease and see what it says about your rights and obligations with regard to obeying park rules.

If that doesn't answer your question, read the Ohio Mobile Home Park statutes. The relationship between park owner and tenant starts at 4781.37.

https://law.justia.com/codes/ohio/2017/title-47/chapter-4781/
If that still doesn't answer your question, you and other like minded residents have the option of chipping in for an attorney to advise you. Perhaps a tenant coalition may keep the new owners at bay.
Thank you for such a great answer. We never signed the lease with the new people, the lease was that bad.

Yes, you can. There are various types. Split systems and packaged heat pumps. The ductwork is already there for the heating system.
i have central air, i already replaced the fan motor then was told the compressor was bad also. i had 3 window units from last place so i used them. New owners came in, i see window units going in already, not one boxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">