• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oil change and tire road hazard from Wards

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lloyd Burbank

I,like many others,have purchased many tires from Wards. I always buy the road hazard($6.00 per tire). This is cheap insurance. I currently have 12 tires under this agreement. I also have a pre-purchased oil change agreement.It amounts to 6 oil changes for the price of 5. I have used 2. My personal loss is only about $100.00. But if this is added to the others who will get nothing for their money due to Wards bankruptcy proceedings it amounts to a lot of money. Is there anything I can do to recoup my loss? Does Wards have any obligation to either refund or discount toward other purchases since they no longer offer the services they sold me. Any news would definitely make me smarter about this than I am. Thanks. Lloyd Burbank

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Any relation to Luther Burbank ?

Unfortunately, any moneys you paid into Wards' ship, is going down into the deep blue sea. No one expected Wards to go under after more than 100 years in the Retail market; but, sadly, trailer trash and white trash stores like K-Mart and Walmart proved too much for that staid and stalwart bastion of retail.

Good-bye to an old friend. R.I.P.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">