• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

One Name for Multiple Businesses?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zoom

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello all,

I would like to start a few online businesses. I want to sell t-shirts on one website and then other items on another website. I am wondering whether I can create one business name and then run all the businesses under that name?

Can I get a DBA for the business and then run different website businesses under that name? I guess it would look like a network of businesses. How would this affect my taxes and stuff like that?

Thanks in advance! :)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello all,

I would like to start a few online businesses. I want to sell t-shirts on one website and then other items on another website. I am wondering whether I can create one business name and then run all the businesses under that name?

Can I get a DBA for the business and then run different website businesses under that name? I guess it would look like a network of businesses. How would this affect my taxes and stuff like that?

Thanks in advance! :)
Look at your local community college for a business class. Or, head to the local library and start reading. You have A LOT to learn...much more than you can get on an internet forum.

zoom

I'll do that, but do you know the answer to my question?

What are the restrictions and laws on having multiple businesses under one name?

All the businesses will be run from home and on the internet. I will be using dropshippers to deliver the items to the customers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">