• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online Business from Home - How to tax?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zoom

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello all,

I am looking to start an online business store from my home. I am wondering if I need to apply for a sales tax permit or anything else? I will be using a dropshipper from Vermont to send out the products.

I am planning on getting a DBA, but I'm not sure if I need to do anything else. I've heard I don't need to collect sales tax if I don't have a physical store presence in Texas.

Can anyone shed some light on this please? Thanks in advance! :)

zoom

You told me to read... that's very helpful. :rolleyes:

I would appreciate it if someone could give me an answer to my question(s).

Thank you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You told me to read... that's very helpful. :rolleyes:

I would appreciate it if someone could give me an answer to my question(s).

Thank you.
Yeah, because I mean - why would we even CONSIDER that you should do research on your own, Mr. Businessman? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

zoom

Because this is a forum for help. This is part of my research.

I don't know why so many of you on this forum feel like you have to be pricks. You can give me your input and attempt to answer my question. If you don't feel like doing that then piss off. Don't reply. Stop being smart asses.

I know this forum didn't get this big with replies like yours. Lots of good help has been given on here, but it seems those good replies are fading now that the forum is established.

It's either that or you have an issue with a "businessman" who wants to make money. It appears you have a problem that I want to start a business without knowing the answers to my questions. If that's the case, then please piss off...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Because this is a forum for help. This is part of my research.

I don't know why so many of you on this forum feel like you have to be pricks. You can give me your input and attempt to answer my question. If you don't feel like doing that then piss off. Don't reply. Stop being smart asses.

I know this forum didn't get this big with replies like yours. Lots of good help has been given on here, but it seems those good replies are fading now that the forum is established.

It's either that or you have an issue with a "businessman" who wants to make money. It appears you have a problem that I want to start a business without knowing the answers to my questions. If that's the case, then please piss off...
The only issue I have is that you appear unwilling to do your own research - rather you feel entitled to the research of others who have given a proper course to follow.

Have fun - have a great life!

LdiJ

The only issue I have is that you appear unwilling to do your own research - rather you feel entitled to the research of others who have given a proper course to follow.

Have fun - have a great life!
Which is why I have not responded to this thread...and perhaps the reason why some of our other pros haven't responded either.

zoom

This forum is for tax help, so what's the problem with my question?

I've done some research and this question has still been bothering me. I've heard various different things and I don't know what to believe anymore.

Can anyone fill me in? I don't know why it's so tough to shed some light on this. I don't expect a lawyer answer, just something that can guide me in the right direction.

tranquility

Because the question is so broad with many if/then's that an "answer" requires an article length to give the proper direction. With the research you've done, what do you think the issues are?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">