• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online tournament legality?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Not to quote everyone individually, but yeah, you're right of course. My view that it would help the game's community is my view and they still have the right not to allow me.

Creating my own game is 100% not an option. If I was able to create a game of such a calibre (even if I had nearly enough money for it), then I wouldn't need tournaments as I'd have billions of dollars in turnover from the game itself.

I understand that I'd need to obtain rights for this. I'll see what can be done about that.

So, in essence, I'd need to be familiar with the laws of every state which I want to offer the service in?
The holder of the copyrights has the exclusive right to determine what they want to do with their rights-protected material. You do not get to decide what will be "helpful" to them. You can seek a license (permission) to capitalize off their creative works.

What you need to be more familiar with are the laws of YOUR country first. Again, Croatia is where legal action most likely will be taken against you.

The copyright and trademark laws of your country (and of other countries of the world) can be read and reviewed on the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) site. Here is a link for access to Croatia's laws: https://wipolex.wipo.int/en/legislation/profile/HR

And you can do a simple search for Croatia's laws on gambling and games of chance versus games of skill.

Once again, FreeAdvce is a site with focus on US laws and legal questions. You need to address your questions to a legal professional in Croatia BEFORE you worry about the laws of other countries.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">